Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not bad for a 17 year old, almost 13,000 mile used Rincon. Green is the fastest....
Rincon.JPG

I can not remember the last time I washed it, but it has only been seeing farm and hunting duty lately.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AND, 2003 was hands down the best year model to buy. I bought the first one my dealer got in the door. I found my paperwork the other day and it was $5,600 out the door.

Reactions: Oilcan

·
Super Moderator
6,522 Posts
Agreed.... When you freshen the top end, you will be amazed at the power you didn't know you lost. Up here.. I paid $12,500.00 Crazy .....

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Freshen the top end? I already put new hand grips on it, what else is there to do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
First day of woods duty back in April. Wish they still offered green. This one sticks out like a sore thumb in the woods! Still have my green one though👍

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What...WHAT!

No more green. What colors do they have now?

·
Registered
27 Posts
They offer red and camo for 2020. I’ve noticed they’re down to just red for 2021. When they start doing that, it’s days in the lineup are probably numbered...unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
6,522 Posts
They put that Talon motor in the Rincon, and we would start to hear stories of "I just could not hold on" and the like :)
CD... perhaps a little dusting off the meter, and your fine! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Those fender flares are much wider. Are those stock?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put those fender flares on right after I bought it. I purchased them through theatvsuperstore.com. One thing I wanted after riding my other Rincon was better mud protection, so I gave these a shot. I don’t mud bog the thing per say but when you’re cruising along a muddy field with a cross wind, I really used to get covered with the stock fender setup. The new flares work well! The gun case currently houses my fishing pole as hunting season isn’t open up here in New York. I usually don’t have much luck fishing though! The other item is a new set of STIHL gas powered hedge trimmers. They work great at clearing light brush and weeds out of the trail. They’re good for anything up to 3/4 of an inch or so.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fishing is a waste of time. I waste a lot of time.
IMG_S0290.JPG

So is hunting
Turkey.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Oilcan, I can assure you when I am taking my final breaths I will never say (or think), I wish I had not spent so much time "fishing, hunting, riding, or shooting"

It is hard to find a fisherman that is not happy on the water.
IMG_4516.JPG

I would be smiling but my teeth were cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to the site but I’m wondering if you guys could point me in the general direction I’m looking for. I have a 2004 Rincon I have owned since new and unfortunately when I was younger maintenance was not a thing and I drove that quad to hell and back a number of times but by far is the strongest quad I have ever owned, I’ve bought newer ones of other makes and they don’t stand up to what my rincon will but that being said my quad is starting to get tired and since I’ve started restoring it and actually taking care of it I’ve been thinking of pulling the engine on it and doing a rebuild on it along with boring it out some to gain a little on it. Can anyone point me in a direction of where I can start looking into this? Also I’ve been reading about people doing gear reductions on their rincons, is it worth it? And where could a person look into that? The quad spends most of its life in muskeg and slower riding so speed isn’t much of a factor. I’ve currently got 27” mudbugs on it and a dyno jet along with an FMF pipe and that’s about it for upgrades other then a winch and what not. I am truly amazed with my rincon and hope to see another 10 or more years of solid riding out of it. Thank you everyone for any help!

·
Super Moderator
6,522 Posts
I put a new piston, cam, rings and gaskets a couple years ago. The jug was in very good shape so I put a stock set back in.. amazing how much power I had lost over 15 years.. Woke it up nice. Next will be timing chain, oil pump chain the chain guides etc.. and probably an oil pump and new sub trans O-Rings. (to do, next spring after the snow is gone.) As for more power..... The gear reduction from a Honda SXS is a complete kit (I'll look around here for that info) , the highlifter solution was just 1 gear, some complained about noise and how badly cut the gears were. the rest of the upgrades are really not worth it. Big money for tiny gains.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts