Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was someone on here with an overheating issue on their rincon. well, mine has now overheated with no warning light and I never heard the fan kick on either! I am going to check the thermostat, but I was wondering if any of you know hondas customer support number because my rincon has 350 miles on it and there is NO REASON for it to overheat and boil the fluid out of the radiator and the overflow resevor at such low miles!?!? Someone please help me with ideas as to what to look at? Also, what triggers the heat led on the display? Is it the thermostat that triggers this??

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
The temp light is controlled by a temp sender mounted in the cylinder head. It sounds like the sender is bad, the light is bad, or there's a bad connection somewhere in there.

Calling the Honda number before you talk to your dealer will accomplish nothing. In fact, calling it after calling your dealer will accomplish nothing. Honda doesn't seem to care about this, at least they don't in the case of my underpowered Rincon. All they did when I called is took a complaint against my dealer and that's the last I heard from them, and it's been over two weeks. The dealer won't even return my calls anymore.

Rob

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello Jason!
Whenever you installed your jet kit you could have disconnected the wire that come from the temperature sending unit that is inbetween your carburator and your engine or if your jet is to big your engine will easily overheat.There is a lot of thing's you could check yourself and you'll never get a better service else than the one you do yourself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All,
This might be trivial, but has anyone checked the anti-freeze to see if it is the right mixture? It probably isn't the problem since these appear to be nationwide, but it was a thought.

John

NOTE: mine hasn't overheated and the fan definitely turns on. I ride pretty slow and usually don't get out of 2nd gear, going up and down hills.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Miner, where is this cable because I would bet that this is what happend!!! I NEVER heard the fan kick on and I know the light works because it comes on when i turn the ignition on...Does this wire coming from the carb control the fan on and off?? Please give me directions on how to locate the wire (p.s. I have the service manual if there is a page about it there..)

Thanks for your input guys, Robg what is that number if you dont mind...

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Jason look on page 22-16 it shows a view where the sensor is. It is down and left of the carb. On this page they are talking about testing the sensor.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS!!!! that is it!! The sensor on page 22.16 was disconnected!? hehe..guess the mechanic (me) should have payed better attention to how he re-connected everything.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I ran the engine for 10-15 minutes and the fan DID kick on now. So I believe my wooves are over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
your bike is over heating because your water pump went to shit (as did mine and 3 of my buddies). alot of rincon owners are experiencing this problem. the water pumps are junk and they are all on back order. you would think that honda would issue a recall for as many rincon owners that are having problems with their water pumps (but their not)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello again Jason!
I'm glad you found your problem, I think a lot of the problem on the rincon are cause by ourselves sometimes and that we tend to neglect important things.This machine is super and I would not trade it for anything else, and it take almost anything you throw at it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glad i read this post. I would have missed the fact that i knocked the lead off the senson when i rejetted last night. I guess thanks are in order, for a problem averted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your welcome, as it was an EMBARISING PAIN to see smoke billowing from the lead atv going up the mountain...as the other bikes stopped around me and said "that is what you get with this honda bikes" as he sat on his yamaha.

Not to mention the fact that it took me 2 hours to get a distance up the mountain that normally takes 15 minutes...because it is VERY Dangerous area with LARGE boulders and stopping every minute to make sure I dont boil the fluid again LOL....as my wife walks up the trail because she doesnt want to load the engine any more...she is stubborn!! wouldn't get on for like 5 minutes and then when her legs starting acking from climbing straight up and over large bolders that were slick with mud and water she decided to get back on LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts