Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just installed a perfomance kit from Highlifter last week which included exhaust, K&N filter, and jet kit. They recommended the main jet of 148 2nd notch, with about 3 full turns out on the carb.

The problem is I get hot when I run it on the top end for about 1/4 mile. Seems to do fine in just 1st & 2nd gear. Did install all washers back in jet kit, but can't figure this thing out. Finally backed the carb screw out to 4 full turns, still no change.

Not a perfomance issue, although I can't say I see a big difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Couple of questions... which pipe and what altitude?

I have an HMF at about 1000 feet ASL... i run either the 148 or 150, 4th notch, and 3 turns. If i have the quiet core in, i can use the 148, without it i need the 150.

Top end should be governed by the main jet, if i understand how the carb works correctly. Try the 150 main.

Anyone, help me out if i am wrong...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got off the phone with Dyno-Jet they told me there's not enough difference in the 148 -150 Main Jet to create the problems I'm having. They said with a water cooled engine it's not possible for it to overheat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Although the main jet is for the top end, the needle position will have an effect on it also. Do a search and see what others are using. I think you will find that the second slot is too lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts