Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, my wife, my son, and myself rode about 30 miles in and around the Mill Creek OHV area in the Ozarks of Northwest Arkansas. Lots of 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers out but we ran into very few on the trails. We stayed on some of the easier trails and rode some of the Forest Service roads. We had a great time and stayed out of any real tricky stuff. This area is about an hour drive from our house.
Monday we had a group of eight 4-wheelers that went down to the trails outside Devils Den. One of the guys in our group sank his Prairie in the creek and had to be towed out. My wife got our Recon stuck in a mud hole that she didn't know she could go around. To her credit she kept it running until she could get pulled out. I went through the hole in 4WD as did everyone else that made it through. There was a lot of climbs and descents, rocks, and lots of mud. We rode about 20 miles all on trails. This area was about 35 minute drive from home.

·
Registered
409 Posts
We went over around Magazine Mtn. last fall and had a great time. Didn't know about any of the riding places, just took off and did some looking and asking. I will make a note to myself about these places and hopefully we can go back this fall and ride some new places.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Magazine Mountain is very fun. The view from the cliff (on the north end) is amazing. Mill Creek is supposedly closed according the the Forest Rangers I talked to last week, but they are not enforcing it. Fouche Mountain trails are nice but they will work you out and start to look alike after awhile. It would be a very pretty Spring time run. By far Albert Pike is the most awesome riding area I have ever been. We drove about 80 miles a day for 4 days and almost never crossed the same trail twice. The scenery was awesome. Wildlife Fisheries stocks the stream by the campground with trout once a month starting in Febuary so there is a lot of trout fishermen in that area. We are in Hot Springs so most of these good area are not far from the house.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Magazine Mountain is very fun. The view from the cliff (on the north end) is amazing. Mill Creek is supposedly closed according the the Forest Rangers I talked to last week, but they are not enforcing it. Fouche Mountain trails are nice but they will work you out and start to look alike after awhile. It would be a very pretty Spring time run. By far Albert Pike is the most awesome riding area I have ever been. We drove about 80 miles a day for 4 days and almost never crossed the same trail twice. The scenery was awesome. Wildlife Fisheries stocks the stream by the campground with trout once a month starting in Febuary so there is a lot of trout fishermen in that area. We are in Hot Springs so most of these good area are not far from the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts