Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a pipe and jetkit. what aftermarket pipe do y'all suggest and what size jet to go with it?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Hey man !

Im buying the MBRP Stainless slipon if no else recomends anything better...
I have had about a week of grief jetting my 04 rincon, and believe that I have resolved all that today... here is my final setup

Uni-Filter aftermarket air filter
Dyno Jet 146 Main Jet
e-clip on the second notch with stock washer and spacer underneath, and dynojet washer ontop
I had no end of troubles with full throttle stalling, and this time around I left the white plastic baffle out (you'll see it its in the float bowl, and goes around the main jet)
Im thinking I might try stepping up one more jet size as well...but for now Im farking happy it pulls like a basterd...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
decisions, decisions...
Prices are in Candian dollars:

MBRP $419.00
HMF $390.00 (may have additional costs as it will be shipped FROM the USA TO Canada)
SuperTrap $419.00

now wich one is the best ? Im leaning towards the Eco Series HMF pipe...

does anyone here know where I can buy these things cheaper ?

My local asskwipe of a dealer wants $900.00 for a farking FMF....

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey mud....think I'm gonna go with the supertrapp myself. Had one on my previous honda (rancher) and was very happy with it and DJ kit together. Have you checked on highlifter.com? They have ATV power kits so you can buy it all in one package and save ya some $$$. They have pretty good prices on just the pipes too. Good luck!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Supertrapp is what I have on the rincon and I am very very very pleased with it I used the DJ #150 main and this thing has the power It don't even feel like the same rincon. For you guys that haven't tried the supertrapp before I promise you want be disappointed..................

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought mine from highlifter.com they gave me the best price out of everywhere I had checked.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey RinconMan, gonna order my DJ kit and supertrapp pipe from highlifter this coming Thursday.What price did they give you on the package?...or did u just buy the pipe by itself and how much was that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
It seems like it was $214 but I would have to look at my receipt to be sure. I just purchased the pipe because I already had everything else. I also got a 10% discount for being a member I guess that why it was cheaper than anyone else. If you see that you are going to be ordering alot of things from them it would be a good idea to become a member. It is $35 a year and you will get stickers, T-shirts and a 10% discount on everything you buy. it was worth it to me the first time I ordered from them because I saved more in the discount then the membership cost me. Good luck with the supertrapp and if you have any questions about it let me know and when you get it go ahead and put all 12 of the disc in it for the max power and its really not loud at all just a good tone. You want be disappointed in the pipe you should be able to use about the same set up as I am from looking at your location.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
well, I just bought an HMF utility series slip on... I called to order the Eco series, but was told by the reseller that I wouldnt be happy with it, and the noise level difference isnt substantial enough to justify paying for the eco series.

so... now we wait...

I have a 2 inch tip en route as well... but as I am currently stock... im thinking we should come up with a battery of tests to perform as I modify the exhaust,

1 stock

2 2" inch tip installed

3 HMF Utility exhaust installed

and try and come up with a baseline test and measurement system for me to do, and report to the forum...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mudchucker,
What you are talking about with the HMF is the only reason that I went with the supertrapp. The HMF utility series is loud as hell and the eco series doesn't make enough power for me, so thats why I went with the supertrapp I can adjust it to the sound level I want and I can also adjust it for low end, mid-range, or high end power it is totally adjustable for everyones needs. I never see myself using any other pipe for a atv.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
argh !.... well, the trouble for me is getting a supertrap...Im in canada, and cross border ordering from some of these rinkydink distributors suck... additional taxes, customs handling fees, brokerage fees, and duty, all make stuff seriously cost prohibitive... I dont much care for screwed together parts inside my muffler, i just dont see the durability in it.. im cancelling my order today... or going to change it to the "sport" series if they make one for the rincon...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I spent a better part of my morning hunting down supertrapp resellers here in canada... the cost is $545.00 plus taxes = $625.00.... this is far too steap for me... I just did the deal on the HMF Utility with a quiet core and a spark arrester...$435.00 delivered to my door...as long as im in the range of 95 to 110 dB I dont care ... its after 110 dB that the noise is rediculous...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey 04rinconman,

Just got the supertrapp pipe. The quality looks great and that huge pipe out the back is magnificent. I understand your using the DJ # 150. Where are you putting the needle and are you getting any stalling issues? Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Could you guys tell me if the pipes from supertrapp come with the header and silencer or just the silencer? thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
717now, They are nice looking pipes aren't they, I also love the tail pipe sticking out the rear, but be sure you wipe it down real good with rubbing alcohol before you get it real hot it will help get all the oil off of it so it don't stain the pipe. I am using the DJ #150 main with the clip in the position it says in the instructions for a high flow exhaust I think it says the second groove and on the mixture screw I have it 2 1/2 turns out. I had messed with my jetting so much after getting the supertrapp and this is by far the best settings for me. I personally wouldn't change a thing on mine it doesn't have the stalling anymore and it is very smooth all the way to the red line and pulls hard to the red line. You are about at the same elevation as I am so I think you could jet yours the same and be very happy with it. The only thing that might throw this setting off is if you don't have all 12 disc in the pipe. I used all 12 of them for max power and it really isn't loud at all. If you need anymore help just let me know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Red Rocket, the supertrapp is only the pipe (slip-on) it doesn't come with the header. The stock header does fine on these machines so there really isn't any sense in changing it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK 04,

I know you don't want to hear it but I called Supertrapp yesterday and he indicated that a couple more disks could be added. Now the thought process is " man I wonder if I could eek another 1/100th of a hp out of this bike?" How close am I?

BTW I don't know how close you are to windrock but went up there two weekends ago. What a great place to ride. Went down trail 18 which turned into 16. Rained hard the night before so everything was real slippery. Ended up having to winch ourselfs of the mountain. Had to ride 16 in the dark. Finally got off the mountain about 2030. What a great ride. I'll never go up there without a winch again !

Oh, and Carryville is about 32 miles from the parking lot. Rode over there, got gas and a hamburger and rode back. Great ride.

·
Registered
143 Posts
717now,
I live in Smyrna and have been wanting to go to Windrock. Seems that there a lot of trails there. Do you have any photos from your trip?

John

·
Registered
102 Posts
717now, I never said you couldn't put more then 12 disc in the supertrapp all I was saying is that you need to put all 12 disc in it which is all the pipe comes with. I am sure you could order some more disc and put a few of them in there but I'm not sure how many would fit I would say no more than 14 maybe 15 unless you got longer bolts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts