Honda Rincon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
jameserizer;
My position is clear. When you say that one cannot think and be religious at the same time, you are insulting people. I don't recall talking about beating anyone up. I just went back and reread my posts here and I have no idea what you are referring to on that one. I did not mention killing any "things", just the folks who have declared war on our country. Maybe you are an anti-hunter and you are pointing to other posts I have made in other threads about killing "things". Don't expect me to defend hunting. I do it, because I like it. I am not sorry if it bothers you.

The IQ thing which obviously bothers you, I mentioned because your insult pertained to my intelligence. Mentioning it would be inappropriate if you had called me a fat ass, or four eyes, or some other insult. If you had called me a fat ass, I might have been a bit hurt, since I'm not as lean as I once was. If you had called me four eyes, I'm not sure how I would have responded. Maybe it would have been the final straw that would get me to go and have that laser surgery to get rid of the glasses I hate wearing. No, jameserizer, you insulted all who have religious beliefs, and me, by inferring that one must give up those beliefs to make use of their thinking. An either/or sort of thing. A pretty ignorant statement. I am quite capable of thinking, and I still believe in God.

I work with a guy who thinks that he, and everyone else is a battery giving off and absorbing electrical energy which keeps the cosmos going. I work with a witch, several atheists, many Catholics etc etc etc. I really don't care what they believe, so long as their goal in life is not to destroy me and everyone, and everything I love. For those who have that goal, yes jameserizer I would like to sick the full force of the U.S. military monster on them. Now rather than after the next attack on our country.

There,,now I have defended myself. Do you feeeel better now?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the guy who thinks he's a battery also drinks his own urine. He says it's healthy. I think he's pretty weird, but we tolerate each other and get along great. He's also pretty intelligent even though he is a urine drinking battery:) I get along with the Catholics too and I enjoy arguing with the ones who enjoy arguing. The others I leave alone and just act politely. Just because I don't agree with them does not make them stupid. And doesn't mean I can't get along with them.

Speaking of killing "things". Here's one of the three coyotes I killed today. I called this one in to about 20 yards.
Hey, does camo make me look fat?

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Can't tell all I see is a dead coyote floating in the air, above an AR-15, that is sitting on the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Jameserizer, I understand you. Jay... you really read a lot into things, way more than James stated. Sometimes people are too damn smart for their own good.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sorry guys. I don't want to offend you but this thread is about war, sacrifice, courage and polish support to the USA. I think people can not use weapons to game and hunted innocent animals. Weapons is only to defense your country, your family and your home. Sorry, it's my opinion about this.
Photos by David Kamerman

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
And I want to say you something. I'm from Poland. I know what think people in Europe and Russia. And you must know you have not too much friends in the World. Why? Because you are rich, you have power but sometimes you are arogant (sorry, it's opinion people in Europe). And you should care about relationship with sincere friends as Poland. More people don't give support for the US government and president Bush. Poland takes this risk. So we must be friends. I hope you understand I mean well.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
GALILEUSZ, trying to get back on topic, I have to agree with you about the US needing to be a better friend to the countries(like Poland) that help the us. I really appreciate the effort and sacrifices your fellow countrymen have made in support of the US in Iraq and anywhere else they have helped. I also think we need to be a bigger bully to the ones that try to hurt or work against us. Most of the countries that dislike us for our freedom, our money or our power, have no problem putting their hands out for it when the shit hits the fan. I think we should tell the ones that dislike us to go screw themselves next time they ask for help. Then we will see how long they sit on their high and mighty throwns of so-called righteousness. These countries think they can change our(the US) way of life by using the UN. I think we should disban the UN and kick most of those arrogant diplomats out of our country, then we wouldn't have to listen to their whining. We should then start a new union, leauge, or whatever you want to call it, with the countries that have been our friends and allies for years.(Britian, Poland,Japan, Australia, to name a few) Let those others fend for themselves for a few years and I bet they have a change of heart. We didn't become a World Superpower by luck, our forefathers had an idea for a great country, set up a great backbone(our Constitution) and let it go from there. Yes we have our problems but there is no place on Earth that I would rather live.

Now I have to disagree on the using of weapons for hunting.(but respect your feelings against it) In America, especially the South it is a way of live. You grow up hunting animals. We don't just do it for fun(it is fun though), we eat everything we hunt. Now the photos Jay posted of him shooting the coyotes, that's a little different, we don't eat them. They are a real problem for farmers/ranchers in some areas. They are killed to protect the farmers/ranchers livestock, etc. Guns are a part of life here, unlike most of the rest of the world. Here in the US we love our Freedom and want to protect it from all things, be it criminals, wild animals, and even our own government(you never know). It is our Right to Keep and Bear arms to do so.

I'd love to someday come to your country for a visit. I went to Europe(England,France,Switzerland and Germany) years ago(1988) and really enjoyed it. It was a school trip so everything went by really quit. Maybe in the future I will be able to go back and spend more time really seeing Europe.
Have a good day.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks mjpjr45 for your post. It what you wrote about your country and freedom was great and I agree with you. You made great country through three hundred years and you all must be proud.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
And some words about weapons. I don't like any weapons and I tolerate existing weapons only for defense. Another matter: You wrote that you went to Europe in 1988. Lot of time. If plane to visit Europe I invite you very warmly to Poland. I could be your tour guide. Try tickets...
Photo: Warsaw PS. That you give me advise how load the picture. Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry about that Galileusz, but we have a real problem with coyotes around here. They are one of the most adaptive animals going, and they eat a lot of game. I know ranchers around here that pay people to shoot them from aircraft. One rancher told me he had a guy shoot 80 coyotes in one weekend from a helicopter. And he still lost calves to coyotes that spring. I don't know how much it cost him to get the guy in the helicopter, but you can bet he's glad to see me come out and do the shooting for free.

I grew up shooting. I got my first rifle when I was about seven or eight. My sons have gun safes in their bedrooms with both shotguns and varmint rifles. My daughter owns her own rifle as well. My wife carries a pistol in her car, and knows how to use it. I don't hardly know anyone who doesn't own at least one shotgun.

Our second ammendment to our constitution was put in place by men who had just finished overthrowing the legal government in this country. They themselves were revolutionaries who would have been hanged had they not been sucessful in defeating the English. They knew that a day might come when the people might need to again throw off a tyrannical government by force, and if the people are dissarmed, they are at the mercy of their government. In many cases the government doesn't have much mercy. Governments kill people all over the world on a regular basis, because they can. The history of just the last 100 years should convince you of this. Your country would have been a lot harder for hitler to defeat if he had to fight a house to house armed conflict with every citizen. Check out Switzerland's idea of defense. They require every male over a certain age to own a FULLY automatic weapon, and to train with it regularly. I have heard that they have gun racks, just like we have coat racks, at their taverns:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
OK Jay. I know in the USA you have other tradition. Most people have guns or can have it. But in Europe guns have very few people. Man who want to have weapon must made shooting training, have permission from police, have good examination by doctor and psychiatrist and very importent: have good reason to have a gun. Receive permission for weapon is very expansive and difficult. So people who have privat gun are very few. In this group are buisnessmans. I don't think about people who have guns in work (policeman, guard etc) because it's normal.

What happend when mentally handicappend have a gun ? I remember that in your country some sniper shot to people. Cruelty.

When I was a kid I had a small air gun and I practised shooting. When I killed a small bird I enjoyed in first time because I made accurate shot but in second time I was terrified what happend. I killed small sparrow. That was stupid. I could have gun but I don't want because I hate it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Galileusz, the comment you made regarding Americans being seen as arrogant in Europe. Its like that in most of the world, even in Canada. No offense to any Americans, its a stereotype that most of the world has about the U.S.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I for one can accept the stereotype. It's a small price to pay to be able to live here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Should you trust a government that obviously does not trust you?

If it is arrogant to say that the U.S.A. is the greatest country on earth, then they might as well just go ahead and hate us, because we all pretty much feel that way. So do LOTS of foreigners, because they are pouring into our country from all over the world.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Many years ago I traveled throughout the Russian Far East and spent many a night drinking rotgut vodka with the locals. One common thread appeared through the fog. Our government had been lying to us just like their government had been lying to them. They were taught that in the event of an American invasion the teachers were to lead the school kids to the top of the school and jump off because that would be less painful than the raping and pillaging that the Americans would inflict. I (showing my age) remember climbing under my desk in grade school because we were told by our government that the Russians would bomb all of the schools.

It's not the people of these countries that create hatred. It's the governments. Mis-information, lies, policies, you name it. They have their reasons.

As for guns, I have quite a few. I haven't killed anything in probably 30 years but I still enjoy the security (and the noise is kind of fun too). I have a concealed carry permit that makes travel in the wrong places at the wrong time much less stressful. I've met my fair share of assholes and I'm convinced that because they couldn't smell fear on me they walked away from a conflict.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts