Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m somewhat new to this Forum maybe 60days old....
Which everyone has been helpful, but there has been several negative rincon bashing going on lately and bringing everyone down, SO with that I was bring some positive to help weigh it out….I wanted to say everyone knows that Sh*t problems! But this Forum has been nothing but good for this new member and new Rincon owner. And this really isn’t the place for it. Trust me I know about being frustrated and you just want to vent. It’s just like a new car, same problems. I just have to say I’ve seen members dedicating their time to help others, Crap, There is a member ( Yellow something???) Has a complete website telling Step by step how to fix things!!!! Now that is Positive!!!Using this forum will help, maybe not in dollars but in knowledge and support. Sorry to post something that doesn’t mean anything but I wanted to help with something positive… Thanks to all that has help in the past…. Hell, I might keep replying to this message just to keep it with-in the 24hr active/thread so people don't forget the positive side.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's a lot of good folks in here, JG. Me? I'm an a$$hole to the Nth degree, but I'll never lie to you, and hopefully I can help you all with some of my 30+ years of mechanical experience. If you want the raw visceral unadulterated truth, you'll probably hear it from me, hehe.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROckHead,
You have helped me in the past...You might not even know it.!!!. I would like to thank you personally.

What is so nice about this forum is even if you are not the one that is asking the questions, BUT reading all the message, most of them everyone can relate one-way or another that helps the reader not so much the person posting…I look forward to reading this stuff everyday…

I just want to see Positive, Helpfull postings here because i read it..HaHa

Maybe members will keep using this active topic to keep everyone positive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have over 1000 miles on my (early) '03 and have only put it in the shop once. It was my own fault though, my ESP stopped working due to mud and water buildup in one of the connectors. I loved it when it was new and I have made numerous modifications to it to suit my tastes and it has never let me down. I enjoy silencing the doubters and haters who claim the Rincon is a dog when I pass them on the trails and the holes and they can only look in disbelief. The lack of disc brakes, a low range and a diff lock has never kept me from getting from point A to point B.

20 years from now, when technology catches up with the ATV crowd, I will still be riding around on my '03 Honda Rincon. I'm sure it will still be turning heads.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see!!! another positive response.....Thank you....

I haven't done much modifications to the motor, Only Jet kit and 2" exhaust tip, and i never was at the back of the pack, alway in the front looking back waiting for the rest. Haha

I don;t know if it's much of the top speed that keeps you in front, but how it handles in the trails, It is so easy getting around things, causes you to pull away.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Rincon continues to amaze me. One of my earlier posts had to do with the Dynojet setup. Last night I decided to bump it up from a 140 main to a 144 main. It ran even stronger. Slapping the throttle on asphalt, the front end comes straight up every time. I am not into wheelies and showing off, but it is an indication of performance improvement.

After all the concern about overheating I am especially wary now of that condition. Again, last night during all the post-jet testing, I shot the motor with a spot IR. The ambient temperature was about 105° and I saw no place on the motor warmer than 190°. The fan only came on when I returned to the shop and stopped.

Everyone produces a percentage of lemons, built on Mondays or Fridays or on graveyard etc., even Honda. I thank my lucky stars that I did not get one. This bike is awesome...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is another Positive post....

I jetted mine also, haven't had a temp problem yet, maybe never... but..I bought a 2"exhaust tip on Ebay and it has more power... I'm also not a big wheelie person either but i have to tell you...I think i can do it with my plow on...Haha.. Before i had to lean back to do it now i can seat up front and up up up it goes...Be safe. Have funnnnnn.......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does the 2" exhaust tip make the bike any louder? Chad

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yo that's a good question, Chad. Is it louder? I helped my son put a FMF powerline pipe on his Rincon, and its much louder. Its not unpleasant, but it is louder. Before, when we both had stock exhaust, we were creeping up on deer and turkey. Not anymore. :-(

But I seriously LOVE the Rincon. After hearing folks like JG and Pablo talk about the power they get from the Dynojet kit, I may have to have one myself.

Here's a thing: My son has that FMF pipe, but factory jets, right? So before he installed his winch, he could wheelie. After the winch, he couldn't wheelie the darn thing. Now even with the new pipe he STILL can't wheelie. Its more powerful - to be sure - but still no really big gain in horses.

So I am wondering... should I even install a winch? I liek it when I can punch the throttle and pop the front end up right before hitting a log or big rockpile. I'd have to seriously weigh the value of my winch vs the value I put into my riding style? I dunno. Maybe you guys can shed some light on this for me. Do you guys with winches still have the ability to wheelie, and did you have to get jets and a new pipe to make it do that?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have had Kawasakis and Suzuki's, I am now a Honda man. The rincon is a good ATV. I like the ride,the power,and most of all, The _NON_BELT AUTO transmission! I have had other belt drive contraptions,and don't want anymore. I looke at all the CVT ATV's and decided on Honda,the only thing,is I wished it had fuel injection! I have a BMW motorcycle,and it has it,what a great difference. I was looking at the new Suzuki,with Fuel injection,but when I saw the CVT, I scrapped that Idea.My Rincon problem,is its hard to start after sitting awhile. Any help?

·
Registered
130 Posts
OK...Here is a little update regarding the new DJ installation. We just got back from a weekend of riding and camping. The big ride on Saturday was 102 miles. It started at 5k feet and ran to nearly 7k feet in elevation. With a DJ144 on the second clip I ran the whole trip on one tank. I am SURE it had to on fumes, but it made it back none the less. Mixture seemed to be right on, no missing or farting at any time. This is where it will stay. My wifes Rancher with the DJ was a little rich. I dropped the needle one clip and in 1/2 turn on the air screw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pablo, have you checked the plug?
I would be curious to know what you find out.
I have a suspicion, but it is only that without fact to go by.
Wish I had a fuel/air mixture meter to loan you for a while.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will check the plug tonight but I wonder if it will now be accurate. It has been started (and the choke pulled) twice since the ride. As for the milage, this is nearly the same as I was getting on similar rides before the re-jet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pablo, you got the Ramsey winch like my son... can you wheelie with that winch installed? What do you have for a pipe?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello GUys, Sorry but I was out for the weekend in PA riding,, Very fun, Put in about 100miles in two days.
My rincon ran like it never ran before...It was great....

THe 2" tip does make it a little louder, Not back at all....Little more of a deeper sound, sounds good, even better when you are engine breaking down hill...!!!!!

As for bringing up the front end.... Let me tell you, I'm not a small guy at all. I'm about 255lbs/ 6'1", I have kimplex front bumper, winch w/wire rope, front tool box w/ full tools installed. all weight on the front of my machine. If i sit right in the middle not even towards the back; I will ride on two wheels as long as don;t get scared..Haha.

As for top speed, I like it but it's not the fasted bike out there. I was behind a 700cc and it seem to pull away from me but i had myself and a extra rider with my and all my tools etc. on my machine. the 700cc rider only had his 150lbs body on it so not a true test... But i did drive it, quick bike.

I have to tell you... I bought a kimpex rear seat & Storage box and kimpex foot pegs for my machine and i have to say It was great for a second rider..I even road on the back for sometime to feel it...But what makes it good is not the seat BUT THE FOOT PEGS..That is a must. Keeps the sback rider off the driver...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rockhead: Ya, it wheelies great with the winch installed. If I sit in the middle of the seat it won't really come up, but if I sit my ass back about where the seat ends it comes right up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, Pablo. That's what I needed to hear. I guess I'll jet mine up then. Any thoughts on a good pipe? I like the FMF on my son's rinny, but was wondering if anyone had seen/heard/ridden that and maybe others and could give a good comparison? I'd be very grateful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed the HMF pipe with the quiet core and the K&N filter. Got a pretty good deal on the whole kit at www.atvoutfitters.net. It is much louder, but not bad, unless you are full on the throttle. I didn't change the jets yet because we are going riding this weekend at 5000' and I wanted to see what happens with stock jets with the new intake and exhaust. I'll let you know how it works at altitude, and what jetting I use when I come back to Ohio at 1000'.

Hey JG03Rincon, I live near Cleveland too and ride PA all the time. Let's get together for a ride some time.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
pwillie, Try using the primer button on the side if the carb. 2 or 3 pushes and it'll fire right up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts