Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pickedup an oil filter at a dealer a couple of days ago and he got to me for $14.50 plus tax. I had expected it to be in the $6-8 range. "Trick me once, shame on you, Trick me twice, shame on me"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Paid $12.00 plus tax here in Arkansas. What got to me was the $15.50 for a spark plug.
Greg

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found some on ebay... 10 of em for around 25-30 bucks. Work on rinny and rubi and a couple of the bikes. Sweet deal... not genuine honda, but probably the same manufacturer, since honda doesn't really make filters.

·
Registered
57 Posts
$8.27 each from Service Honda..My dealer will hit you for $16.00 each.I bought 3 from Service Honda,payed shipping and still saved alot!

·
Registered
29 Posts
What about oil? Have any of you guys looked at finding oil other than the $3.50 or $7.00 a quart oil from honda. I just haven't made it out anywhere to look, but man was I suprised when I paid for my oil change.

Autozane may have the filters two. They carry STP ones for 400ex cheaper than the dealers.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer charges me $6.00 for the Honda filter...I think its the same one for the Rubicon...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Q,does your dealer ship anywhere?If so how bout a number I can call.Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dealer charges $14 each plus tax. I found a deal on some WIX filters for $7 each. Has anyone ever used these before? I don't like the idea of paying $14 for a filter, but on the other hand I would rather pay a little now than a lot later with engine problems due to using cheap filters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
IMO, Wix makes a good quality filter. $7 sounds like a good deal!

Good luck!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought some K&N filters this week from RockyMountainatv.com for $5.99. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow! 5.99 isnt a bad price at all. I will be getting some when the weather warms up this summer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Remember if you have a Honda extended warranty you must use Honda filters and have receipts to prove it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i bought a frame oil filter from advance auto part, $7.00. dealer told me not to use them because they don't let the oil filter though fast enough. any truth to this? frames been around a while, i trust them.

d

·
Registered
228 Posts
$9 plus tax in central IL for honda rinny filter.

From now on I will use Amsoil Filters and the 0w-40 Syn. oil.

And no Im not a Amsoil Dealer.

My .02 worth

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
parkgt- The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act states "Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))."

Check out this link to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

The problem is how much in legal fees can you afford to have it upheld?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I changed the oil for the first time and boy was I surprised at the cost of filter and oil. Q thanks for the info on the dealer. I called they will ship the filter. It cost $6.99 and it is a honda part.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts