Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18 to 20 acre grass hay field. I can't seem to find any one to come take the hay off it this year. Free hay at that, you cut & bail it, it's yours. This was a good year for hay around here and farmers are having a hard time selling it this year.

I was wondering if any one here has the Swisher RT-44 TrailCutter or similar pull behind the ATV bush-hog. Basically a 44 inch deck, 10 to 13hp gas engine, with a bush-hog type blade system. Larger deck, engine, etc would also be useful. If so, how do you like it? How fast can you cut tall grass with it behind the ATV? (no saplings, sage brush, etc in the way)

I would like to cut my field 3 to 4 times a year, as it just looks nice this way. Any input would be helpful..

Thanks..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am not knowing about that model, but be sure to get one with at least 18 horse power. I have a neighbor who has a 4 foot wide mower with 3 blades. Its a 18 horse and he says its OK, but wishes he has more power on the tall stuff.
GARY

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hogcat, thanks for the tip on power.

Any one else have any info on these?

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
www.cyclecountry.com - Same place that makes the plows & stuff. Can't comment on how well they work, but they do have a couple of models to pick from. Easy to navigate website too. All kinds of other things that they make on there too. I think that there is even a customer feedback area, but I haven't been on there for a while. Good luck!! Later-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts