Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that since adding the jet kit, when I am climbing a steep hill and the engine is good and warm, when I let off the gas the bike tries to shut off and die. I have to pop the throttle a few times as I slow down to keep the thing from stalling.

Do you think its because the mixture screw is open to much (fludding in idle range) or the screw is turned to tight and starving the engine of gas...I am leaning toward the latter of the two assumptions.

Mike you will see what I am talking about sunday afternoon when we ride...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Stalling? I have been fighting a stalling problem ever since i got my rinny.
In louisiana we ride in SERIOUS mud, get in a mudhole hard on the gas-let off and we have a weak idle and it dies out. I have tried A-Z to fix this problem and in the process of writing Honda a letter. Went riding last sunday and had to re-start my bike 15 times. I love the honda product be they need to address this problem. I ride with five other rinnys and they stall also .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine didn't do it until I put on the jet kit.

So you think its because its to lean? I should turn the AF screw in. I had Mike help me with it and I belive he put the screw at 2.75. I guess I should turn this back some...

Mike can you help me out with this? Has yours done this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jason, Mine did that also..the only thing you can do is just play with A/F screw..I believe my final adjustment was around 2.5 turns out.I also noticed that the stalling problem changes with the type of fuel i run. my rinny likes the Fuel from Shell the 89 octane it seemed to be worse with high test and it would ping on Reg. hope this helps some..

Are you still riding sunday ..I'll have to wait till Sat. to see if my work load is better so I can Go.

Mike

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes we are still planning on going with you sunday. I can ride saturday around here as well if you would like because my wife will be at work during that time.

I will try what you said with the AF screw and change the type of gas to 89 octane. Although last time i messed with the AF screw I couldn't get it back to where it was LOL!...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Can you get to the AF screw without turning the carb over?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, however, its a VERY tight fit and requires me to sqeeze the top two layers of skin off of my hand like you would peel an apple LOL.

Mike call me man and let me know what your plans are for the weekend. I am going to be up there sunday and monday riding...I wish I could go to Windrock but I dont want to go there alone ands its a fairly good drive!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes picky, If you take the plastic cover off that is covering the auxillary pull start and the seat you are able to get to the bottom of the carb with some finessing of the hoses and like i said it will take small hands or it will hurt!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.