Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law is looking to get a new machine and he has narrowed down his choices to the following machines. Just a quick background, he will be using the machine mostly for doing work on his farm and some trail riding/hunting application. No mud riding or anything like that. Just wondering what anyone could tell about which one would be best, I have not had any personal experience with any of the machines so I am looking for some feedback on them. His list is as follows; Polaris ATP 500 H.O., Honda Foreman ES, Yamaha Big Bear and Yamaha Kodiak. Thanx in advance. Caz41

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well seeing that you are asking this question where there are more Rincon owners.. I guess you are going to get more people saying Rincon...Just a thought! Ha, But i would say Rincon is a great for that fit

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Foreman is definitely the workhorseof the group. If it's needed more for chores than trail riding, you can't go wrong. Had a 98 model and it had a lot stiffer suspension with less travel than the Rinny. I used it more for camp purposes but still a very capable (not to mention reliable) machine that literally never broke in the 4 years I had it.....Would buy one again if it was to be a ranch-hand.

·
Registered
518 Posts
As Rincon 1 says, the Foreman is the workhorse of that group, but I can also attest to it being a very capable trail machine. I have had one for 2 years and used it mostly for trail riding. It is rock-solid, reliable, stable, very predictable handling and for all but long open stretches, has always kept up with the Sportsman 500HO that my friend rides.
I've recently upgraded to a Rincon, so if it interests you, I have a Green 2002 Foreman ES up for sale. It has 1057 miles or 171 hrs on the clock, is fitted with a 2000lb superwinch and I'm looking for $4,000 (blue book price is $4,600!).
I'm located in Hudson WI, so not a million miles away either !

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with the Foreman and its a 500 CC ES for 2005, the 450 is no more
It comes with dual disk brakes on the front and looks like the Rincon, go on the Honda web site and take a look US only the Canadian one does not have it yet. The Foreman ES is a workhorse I had both the ES And the S model
hope this helps
Jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would not buy a Rincon period.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I find it interesting that you already made the decision to not get a Rincon and you are asking people for their opinion on a Rincon owner's site, was this meant to create yet another opportunity to bash the Rincon and get everyone to read it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go Jason!!
I watched an episode of ATV TV on which they were doing a comparison of 400 to 500 cc utility quads and the Honda Foreman was the top choice. The Yamahas are very close to the Honda in longterm quality but the Honda's tranny and engine along with it's superb user friendliness make it a no brainer. Anyone who knows anything about ATV's knows that the Polaris, Kawasaki/Susuki, and Arctic Cats are decent, but they don't hold a candle to what you get with the Honda. The Polaris Sportsman got a 5.4 points out of ten and the Honda got 9.4. I guess you gotta ask yourself one question: do you want something to last or do you want to save a few bucks? My Dad has a 1990 Honda fourtrax 300 4x4 and it still runs like the day it was new and all it has ever needed is a tune-up. It has pushed more snow, hauled more deer, and run more mudholes than I cxare to mention. It has never let us down once. Ask someone who has a 5 or 6 yr old Polaris and ask them if they have had the same experience.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jason- I don't know if your comment is directed to me or to Aircum's comment??? If it is directed at me, you will see that I do own a Rincon and am not by any means attempting to start a Rincon bashing session. Also if you read my original post, the machine is not for me, it is for my father-in-law who does not want to spend the money that a Rincon will cost, and does not feel that it will fit his needs for a machine. If your post was not directed towards me then I apologize.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts