Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Supertrapp exhaust for Rincon is here!!!!!

Well, I called Supertrapp to ask if they would be building an exhaust for the Rincon ever, and they said, "What do you mean, it's out." I went to my local authorized Supertrapp dealer and ordered one today. Part number is #835-3650. Having the tuneability for quieting it down occasionally when I'm working in the neighborhood and then opening it up for riding will be nice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How much was it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
how exactly does the supertrapp work? the little research that i did has me confused. if i read it right, you can adjust it to be either silent or loud? if this is so, what type of process does it take to convert it? please be as detailed as possible when responding about this exhaust cause i dont have a clue.
thanx,
vince

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Supertrapp, as I understand it, looks largely like an average ATV muffler. Where the difference comes in is that the inside only has a bare minimum of packing and baffles to quiet it. Where you tune it and change the output is with their 'power discs'. By placing more of these discs that have spacers onto the ends, you allow more room for the exhaust to exit. The exhaust doesn't directly exit straight out of the back, but rather 'around' the endcap. The more discs you place on the end before placing on the solid endcap, the more area for the exhaust to exit. If you go to their website, they have a good drawing and description.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i hope you have better luck than i did with the one on my rubicon,i went to change the disc after a couple of rides and when i went to take out the screws that hold in the disc,they snapped off and yes i did use the anti-seize compound they packaged with the exhaust..if i was looking at an exhaust for my rinny it would be the one from mbrp...

·
Registered
8 Posts
toolman,
what exhaust is mbrp? and is the suprtrapp exhaust the only brand out there that has the option to make it loud or silent?

·
Registered
338 Posts
that is the power tech 4 exhaust...from mbrp..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts