Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a rear rack bag with a "seat" for my daughter. I know the seats are not meant to be used while riding but if you won't tell I won't say nothing. I was looking at a few different ones and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the ones I was looking at or anything similar? I'm on a tight budget and I know there are better hard trunks with seats but I'm not looking at spending more then $150 and I like the way the soft luggage looks. Thanks for any input.

Here are the ones I was checking out today
Moose Ozark - Moose Racing Ozark Rear Rack Bag | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Koplin Matrix - Kolpin Matrix Seat Bag | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Cabelas TAC - Cabela's TAC System ATV/UTV Padded Bag : Cabela's

Coleman Xtreme - Coleman® Xtreme Padded Bottom Bag : Cabela's

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the Kolpin bag, and overall I like it. Plenty of storage, and the seat is works pretty good. But, I have found the plastic clasps that hold it down on the racks to be somewhat weak. I have had 3 break on me, and I don't use it very often. And the cooler needs to have weight on top of it or it will move around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Kolpin bag, and overall I like it. Plenty of storage, and the seat is works pretty good. But, I have found the plastic clasps that hold it down on the racks to be somewhat weak. I have had 3 break on me, and I don't use it very often. And the cooler needs to have weight on top of it or it will move around.
Thanks for the info. Is it sturdy enough to lean back on if someone sits in the seat while riding?

Side note, are you on club700xx forum? Your name looks familiar.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is it sturdy enough to lean back on if someone sits in the seat while riding?

Side note, are you on club700xx forum? Your name looks familiar.
Leaning back will not have any "real" support, but I'm sure a child or moderate sized women can lean back against it comfortably.

Technically yes, but I no longer have a 700XX, so I do not frequent the forum.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leaning back will not have any "real" support, but I'm sure a child or moderate sized women can lean back against it comfortably.

Technically yes, but I no longer have a 700XX, so I do not frequent the forum.
That's what I thought. I found another one by moose (ridgetop) and have been reading good things about it like back support and a 2" thick seat.

I still have and ride my XX but I picked up an 04 rinny in August before fishers ATV reunion for my wife. I would like to do some upgrades (tires, wheels, snorkel, skids, exhaust and lift kit) but it gets real pricey as I'm sure you know. Never thought I would own a utility quad but now it has me thinking I should sell the XX and get another rinny.

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
I'd avoid anything mfg. by Stearns..Honda brand (have one on my Rubi)
is excellent but no seat.. not that it's even needed..that Moose would be my pick above withstanding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3 Posts
I currently have the moose ozark on my rincon. I bought it to replace the coleman that you have listed. The moose bag is sturdier and holds its shape better, and has more storage,but I preferred the coleman (mine was labeled as a sterns). I paid $135 for the moose at my local honda dealer, and I believe around $60 for the coleman at Walmart. The moose has more storage, but the Coleman's zippers worked much better and were protected from mud where the moose's are not. My wife feels as thought the moose seat rubs her back more on the trail also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I currently have the moose ozark on my rincon. I bought it to replace the coleman that you have listed. The moose bag is sturdier and holds its shape better, and has more storage,but I preferred the coleman (mine was labeled as a sterns). I paid $135 for the moose at my local honda dealer, and I believe around $60 for the coleman at Walmart. The moose has more storage, but the Coleman's zippers worked much better and were protected from mud where the moose's are not. My wife feels as thought the moose seat rubs her back more on the trail also.
Thanks Paul. I think I'm going with the moose ridgetop. It has lots of storage and a decent back rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts