Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey quick question I have a 2004 rincon that I am trying to get the rear axle nut off I have tried a 1 1/8 socket on the 30mm nut but it’s still to small so what size of socket should I be using?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2011 Rincon 680 FA and all stock except for 1 1/2 inch lift for 26 inch tires 5-2 custom rim offset.
15 Posts
Hey quick question I have a 2004 rincon that I am trying to get the rear axle nut off I have tried a 1 1/8 socket on the 30mm nut but it’s still to small so what size of socket should I be using?
Thanks
30 mm is bigger then 1 1/8, I use all metric on my Rincon, you need a 30mm socket and I'm not sure about the torque on a 2004 rincon hub nut, but my 680 is 101 foot lbs torque, I used an 18 inch 1/2 inch drive johnson bar with the other rear wheel with weight on the ground and used a quick push with my foot on the johnson bar to loosen the nut.

·
Premium Member
2011 Rincon 680 FA and all stock except for 1 1/2 inch lift for 26 inch tires 5-2 custom rim offset.
15 Posts
So what size do you use
A 30 mm socket and it will most likely be 1/2 inch drive so you will need a 1/2 drive rachet or 18 inch Johnson bar 1/2 inch drive to loosen it like I do, I have had my 30mm socket since my 1999 honda Foreman.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
30mm and an impact gun takes er right off. Use a torque wrench to tighten it.
I'm still old school Oilcan, just upgrading to air recently, but yes the impact would be easier LOL!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
I'm still old school Oilcan, just upgrading to air recently, but yes the impact would be easier LOL!!!
Old school? I've had air in my garage for almost 30 years! Long bars, finding ways to stop wheels from spinnin while trying to push that pipe down... nah to much effort when a burp or 2 gets er done and leaves at least one hand empty for beer!.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Old school? I've had air in my garage for almost 30 years! Long bars, finding ways to stop wheels from spinnin while trying to push that pipe down... nah to much effort when a burp or 2 gets er done and leaves at least one hand empty for beer!.
I'm old school then, still thinking of 1980 when I started with CN rail using a 1 7/8 4 foot wrench by hand to tighten track bolts on the rail joints, it wasn't until the late 90's when they gave us Hydraulic tools to tighten things, you know where I'm coming from LOL!!!!
On the railway in the 80's that's all we did was drink beer or what ever we had, but then came Hinton Alberta accident where a freight and passenger hit head-on and killed 23 people, that's when CN came out with .02 percent alcohol in your system, less then the legal road limit, but yes I like a cold one while turning a wrench or impact wrench, I never thought of that, impact in one hand and a cold one in the other, in the garage of course :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
Was that where the song. Riding the train high on cocain came from! ;)

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Was that where the song. Riding the train high on cocain came from! ;)
That song came out in 1970, but yes that was how the railway operated back in the late 70’s early 80’s, high on something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts