Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cable for my warn winch got messed up today so I removed it from the Rincon and removed the 2 screws (allen wrench ones) and thought that would help but it didnt. Now I cant get the 3 pieces back together again. Is there something that I am missing?!?!? Help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you unwind all of the cable it is much easier to do and watch for the spring on the transfer shaft. thats what disengages the winch. other than that its pretty simple just don't force it. it will fall togeather when assembled right.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is the cable got wrapped around itself and I am not able to remove the cable. That is why I took it apart to see if that would help me untangle the cable. I am hoping to put it back together then hook the end up on something and pull it loose.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
http://www.warn.com/corporate/images/90/64660-A2_RS.pdf

See the section Electic Winch Basic, it shows the exploded view of a winch not sure if this will help you any if not contact Warns technical support @ 1.800.543.9276

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
when you do get it back together... we untangle our winch lines by disengaging the clutch and hooking onto a telephone pole then backing up... at first you'll find you need to jerk it a bit to pull out the cable... and then your off to the races...

this is the only dislike I have about having mounted the winch under the body like that... but atleast now I can push suzukis out of my way...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts