Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2019 Rincon yesterday and need to connect a trailer where I drop a pin through the receiver to tow a smallish wagon for working on my property. Not sure what type of hitch it is called. I am getting confused results on what type of receiver is compatible for my year.

I am looking for recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you have a hitch installed on it before you left the dealership? The Rincon doesn’t come with a hitch from the factory. You have to put one on. Moose makes one that bolts onto the back of your Rincon. Very simple hitch with a hole in it so you can attach your yard cart. About $40.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Honda used to make a very nice OEM hitch that was very short like they should be. Back in 2002, I had my dealer put one on mine, then I stuck a trailer ball on it to move my boat around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My dealer did not have the factory stock hitch adapter in his inventory. So I got the part number and went ahead and ordered it through Amazon. Robot Check

It looks like it might have a hole large enough for a 2 inch trailer ball, and I will need to have the ball off when I use the small trailer that uses a drop in pin. I would prefer a mount for a receiver sleeve so going between the two mount types would be much easier and quicker.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
My Honda hitch has a 2 inch ball on it. I advise against having a receiver hitch, because it is too long and puts too much torque on the ATV's frame. You want the trailer tongue weight right up close to the frame, not hanging off a long lever arm. Basic physics, think about why you use a cheater bar to break bolts loose.

Reactions: Oilcan

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Oilcan posted the same one I have.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I think ATV Guru makes a stout one as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I agree with the point about torque on the frame. I installed the Strong Made unit. RH103 - Receiver Hitch For Honda Rincon 650/680 - STRONG MADE It divides the weight onto four different points on the frame and not just two points on the frame like the stock Honda unit does. The Honda unit only had a hole for a 2 inch trailer ball and not a pin hitch or a sleeve. Honda Genuine Accessories Trailer Hitch Kit

I then added a Black Boar ATV/UTV ball hitch/pin hitch to the sleeve and got the perfect setup....no changing out any sleeve.
Multi-Hitch with 2” Ball and 2” Shank

With something as small as an ATV, compared to a car, that is rated for towing 850 pounds and then taking a proper tongue weight of 15% of the trailers weight, it comes out to 128 pounds maximum. Seems like it won't damage the ATV or the towing hitch with that tongue weight.

So long as I don't ever go over 128 pounds on the tongue, never tow over 850 pounds and keep the speeds way down, then things should be good. :)

BTW, I had the Rincon up to 52 MPH on pavement, without the trailer obviously.....that was as fast as I dared!

Thanks guys for all your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts