Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my DJ-Jet kit today and everything went good on the installation, but I think its running a little lean. I installed the DJ146 main and put the clip on the second groove and turned the mixture screw out 2.5 turns. It runs good but the plug is a little on the white side. After checking the plug I moved the clip to the third groove and really couldn't tell much difference in it. My question is should I try the 148 main and also what is everyones opinion on what groove I should put the clip and how many turns out on the mixture screw. Before I forget I am at 1000 feet and have a K&N filter and a 2" exhaust tip. Wouldn't it be better to be a little more rich then lean.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did you remember to use the stock washers under the clip?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the stock washer, but I didn't use the the stock spacer. I put the washer under the clip on the needle and then I put the washer that came with the jet kit on top of the clip. That is the way I understood the instruction to read. I have heard some people say not to use any washers at all but I though I would follow the instructions. When I was playing with the mixture screw I tried it at 3 turns out and then put it back to 2.5 turns out and at 2.5 turns I couldn't tell any difference in the idle, but at 3 turns it seemed to idle alot less is this normal.

·
Registered
576 Posts
04RinconMan;
I have just installed the 2" exhaust tips, and the K&N filter and dyno jet kits are on the way. (I have two Rincons) I will be really interested in what you come up with as I am at about 2000 feet in elevation. I hope some of the guys here can help.

By the way, in my opinion richer is better. Too rich can foul plugs, but too lean can burn pistons. Better to err on the rich side in my opinion. Jay

·
Registered
84 Posts
You are supposed to use both the stock washer and spacer under the clip per the dynojet instructions. The picture only shows one but it says to use both. Adding both will make your mixture more rich. If you go down to the 3rd slot, you might be able to get away with just the washer but not at the second slot.

My machine also had problems with the mixture screw set at 3 turns out. I went back to the stock position which was about 2 3/8 turns out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Rincon Man, have you had any problems with it overheating? I have a similar setup with the DJ 148, K&N filters, with a Supertrapp pipe. On the top end I get overheated quickly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haven't really rode it that much since the jetting I hope to this weekend and I will let you know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts