Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all your good input on this forum for awhile now. I still have the daunting task of replacing the tires on the rincon. Daunting because not sure if I want to replace with 25" ITP, Maxxis or Carlisle's. I ride mostly in trails, but still want the confidence to go through thick mud. Do not want to loose the soft ride. Please help w/suggestions.

RedBomb

·
Registered
143 Posts
Redbomb,
None of the tires you listed are great at thick mud. However, they will do an acceptable job. I have the ATR's and really like them. I have ITP 589's for mud and winter use. I guess it depends on what you define as thick mud, but you might have to get 2 sets of tires. Check out Mudlites. They might be the best compromise. The ITP ATR and 589's are both 6 ply. That is why I chose them after much debate and reviews.

John

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I should have said mud holes. No deeper than the height of the tires. My friend has the 500 H.O. sportsman which stocks the Carlisle ATR's. He seems to go through mud holes alot easier than I do. At times he has to winch me out after following him through the holes. The only reason I don't want the carlisle's is because I think that they are a little heavier and don't want nothing associated with Polaris. Since it is a company that i would love to hate.

Maybe a picture is worth a thousand words. I will look for a picture of some mudholes that I had encountered and will post it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Redbomb,
I have Mudlites and they are great. No power loss and I can go anywhere. They aren't the best wearing tire, I do expect to have to replace them a little more often, but for the price you can't beat 'em. I have found fronts on the net for around $37.00 and rears for $42.00. I have just stock size too and I can still get 63 mph out of mine. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the ATR's on my grizz and in the photo below I never had to lock in the front diff. I did not go through the vary middle but was atleast over the center hubcap in thick gooey mud and was able to pull right through. I love the tires for the trail and rock crawling I do. One thing was though I was vary impressed for how they performed in the mud. Check out the pic!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts