Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to remove the 10mph reverse limiter on a 2004 Rincon?

·
Registered
409 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
409 Posts
Evan- I have been looking for the info on the limiter but can't seem to locate the instructions that go with the pictures. Anyway, here is the link to some pictures of how to do it. Please let us know if you find the rest of it. I think it was posted on atvfrontier.com.

http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rinconmark/album?.dir=/e4fd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.photos.yahoo.com/rinconmark

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here they are!

Do not use a switch, just wire it direct.

1. Take seat off.
2. Un plug the gear position switch on the right hand side.
3. Cut the grey wire on the end comming up from the gear position switch and connect it to the blue wire.
That's it!

THIS IS A MUST DO MOD.It is very fun racing others up big sand hills and winning while there going up in forward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i diconnected that..and now it doesnt say what gear im in..and it wont let me start it up...cofused...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where does the Blue Wire come from?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Evan- Here is the link with pictures and instructions I found on Atvfrontier.com. I have not tried it on mine yet but hope to get around to it someday.

http://atvfrontier.com/modules.php?name=cfaq&qid=145&catid=16

·
Registered
322 Posts
Duramazx, DO NOT do that override that you just showed in that link. It screws a bunch of stuff up. Do the override that Mark told you how to do. It's the only "proper" way to do it, as of now. The only thing is does is display "D" on the gauge instead of "R" when in reverse. While the transmission is physically in reverse, the crossed wires make the engine (or transmission) control module think that it's actually in drive. Eliminating that reverse limiter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i got the end of the cable that has the 3 colored wires..blue, pink/grey, and green. what do i do now?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cut the grey wire and now join the end coming from the gear position switch " left side of the engine while sitting on the atv" to the blue wire.Just tape up the other end of the grey wire, it is not needed any more!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know if im stupid or something..but that still doesnt make sense...
im holding both ends of the gear position switch. the one that isnt connected to the body im suppost to cut the gray one off. and the one that is connected to the body connect the gray one to the blue one?
if im wrong can you just type up the steps 1 by 1 im sorry but im a little bit slow..i work on cars..but not good at wiring...sorry!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lets say the top connector is 1 and the bottom is 2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nevermind..ive read it like 400 million times and now it makes sense..thanks alot Mark and everyone else who helped me!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Never mind the the male end of the plug that is attached to the frame.

Let me know if get it done.

I will make some detailed instructions with pictures when I find some time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Female is atached to the frame.
what grey wire to do i cut? female or male?
and the grey wire that i cut connectes to the male or female end?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The wire that is not connected to the frame. Leave the end of the grey wire that goes to the white plug and connect the other end to the light blue wire on the same side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts