Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry, I am in northern Alabama and cant find ANYWHERE here...have to go to TN to find riding places.. LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Mounds are a great place to ride...Its in Mount Morris MI. Id also like to try the Silver lake Dunes this summer. ABout how far away are you from the detroit metro area?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like riding Black Mountain in Northern - Lower Michigan. It says there are 94 miles of trails and many, many more miles in Seasonal Roads. If you get there make sure you check out the old ski resort area. The hills are awesome.

Rob

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Boaterrob, how far away is that from Hubbard Lake? My father-inlaw has a cabin there, and i usually make it up at least a couple times a year,wonder what i would have to go thru to get a riding pass since i live in Ohio?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Riding in Michigan.... HHHRRMMMM

Gladwin has 50 some miles of trails... More whoops... Lots of mud if you want it.... some sand hills..

West branch-Rose City...

Tons.... I mean tons of trails... Mostly flat open and muddy... Not many large mud holes... lots of hills....

Atlanta...

They ket you ride on county roads and have trails on the side of the highways.... Lots of ride in bars.... More trails and small lakes... Great elk population.... Also close to the air force base so you see some jets once and a while....

Escanaba...

About the best open, but cool trails in michigan.... You can fly through or enjoy the nature around... can be wet sometimes.... Great partidge hunting...

There are lots of bike trails in the upper western half of the lower penisula... not fun on quads....

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm originaly from u.p. michigan the trails up their are outstanding go to towns like hulbert,strongs,eckerman,newberry u can catch the snowmobile trails from all motel ,hotels in these areas people r nice but BEWARE||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| u can ride these trails only with MI orv sticker cost is $16.25 a year cheap yes...but u can only ride these when snowmobiles cannot ...call the MI department of natural recsources they will tell u what monthss hopfully answered your q&a on mi riding

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
ROB on red,that 16.00 sticker ,thats for people out of state also? Sounds good, thanks for the info................Bigjohn

·
Registered
151 Posts
They do ask for your license when you purchase the orv sticker.... but i have no clue if it is more than the resident one....

Most snowmobile trails are illegal for quads even in the summer...... at least where I have been, since the quads tear them up a liitle more...

·
Registered
11 Posts
they just opened the snowmobile trails for atv's this spring GOOD TIMES

·
Registered
11 Posts
they ask for your lis# because it's a states lic plate type so u must be over the age of 16 10-4

·
Registered
11 Posts
i live in lower oh. now thats the cost i put prev..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Back to Top!!!
For Labor Day Weekend our family is heading to Iron Mountain, MI. YIPPEE!!!
I am Kind of familiar with Carny Lake (Trail 5 - Fumee Lake Trail) and the Norway Trail.
Looking for more trails and directions. Can anyone share wiht me must hit spots if we use Iron Mountain as our starting place.
Come ride with us if in the area, and show us around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts