Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be premature, but would anybody be interested in a Forum group ride at some centrally located area like maybe Hatfield McCoy,WVa or Windrock, TN. I was thinking of spring to get the most participation. I stayed at a campground at H/M that would provide as many spots as we need and they are located directly on the trail system.The system has everything for all levels of riders.Once you park your truck you will not need it again, you can ride everywhere including into several towns.! to 3 days maybe.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Count me in , are you talking about twin hollow campgrounds? Met Wayne the owner,a really nice guy,has a great setup going,he is also the one that does most of the dozer work when a trail needs straighten up a little.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the place. I like Wayne a lot. It's nice to know your truck and trailor are safe when you ride. Although I have never had problems in WVa before.Rockhouse trail system is great. If anyone wants info check out "trailsheaven.com"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems like a great place to ride with one exception. It just burns my ass when they say I can't have a passenger on my Rincon. I'm 56 years old and responsible enough to make my own decisions as to when its safe to carry a passenger and when its not. If the government had a track record of great decision making then I might think otherwise. I ask you, what difference does it make if I have my wife accompany me on my bike? Corndog, I guess I could go your route and remove the warning labels and then the authorities would have to accept that the bike was designed for two, or would they?

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel your pain. They will let you ride two up if your machine is designed for it. And they have rentals. Most of the system would be fine for two.Its a common beef,along with nothing wider than 50 inches(no jeeps buggies,Rhinos,etc.) Other than that, the remaining rules are good.

You may be mature, but in our part of the world you see 2 or more kids riding them without helmets all the time and a couple make the obituaries every year.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Hey Corndog, I've never been to Hatfield McCoy trails but I hear complaints about all the restrictions there alot.I ride at Burke Mountain,WV quite a bit though and there's no restrictions there. A good place like the bottom of the stairsteps or something would be a great place to meet and camp.Besides, Murdoch can bring his beer there...LOL....and you can ride doubles there if ya want.Anyways, I'm game for whatever y'all decide, I'm only 4 hrs away so we go to WV once a month anyways.Keep in touch and lemme know when and where.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where is it located. I hear a lot about wagon wheel too. H&M is fine if you ride sober, with a helmet, and buy a permit. The rangers have all been friendly to me, and they will not search your stuff or anything Gestapo like that. If you are an idiot though, you will be dealt with accordingly. Where else can you ride to the drive through at McDonalds with the rest of youy ATV buddies.

I used to ride at Livingston, Ky and Haspin acres, In where there were no rules and it was big fun.An intoxicated rider at Livingston hit me broadside on my XR 400 though and I spent a little time laying around the house.Busted my helmet in half and broke his jaw. The whole wreck restored my faith in a higher power. Look forward to a ride.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I'd be interested in the trip and such, like Murdoch, I need to be at a place were a passenger is not a problem...

incidentaly, in May (the May long weekend for us canadians) one of the largest atv derbys of its kind in north america occurs here in manitoba (about 2000 machines), its called the St. Malo Quad Derby... Our family farm is just a few miles away from St.Malo, anyone interested in comming to it could certainly pitch a tent on the front lawn... and the inlaws are always up for a party ;)

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an 18 hour drive + for me, but I maybe able to pull it off. Mudchucker, have they taken all your and your neighbors guns yet, do ya feel safer?

LONG LIVE THE NRA, We need something for quads. Blueridge coalition is getting close

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
guns... ggeezuz man, you know.... who was it that said, "if the government had a track record of making good decisions..." idiots, all of them...and never mind the gun control, how about our farking dumbass 100 million dollar gun registry that doesnt work !! I cant take the farking pain any longer, give me your white trailer trash women and your 3 week old pizza boxes, give me your dirty white undershirts, give me your color challenged hard to discern money...oh the shame... the shame we must all bear to be the citizens we are...

thats why I bought a rincon...let them follow me through the chest deep slop !

shit... thank the heavens for beer !

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard they are thinking of prohibition next. In my wonderful state of Kentucky, we can carry concealed legally. They give us permits. Its the damnest thing, but only one permit holder has managed to shoot someone that was not justified in almost 6 years. The grabbers had predicted mayhem in the streets. Don't trust the government that doesn't trust you with a gun......it's my ******* coming out, dam I think I may have some left over pizza under my desk.

From all the posts we make, we may be the only ones getting paid while we play.

·
Registered
338 Posts
hey corndog,come on down to windrock....i am there most saturdays..from oct to april...

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would love to. Current plans are for some weekday riding next couple weeks. I get 5 weeks vacation off a year and still have 2 left for the end of the year....I love my job

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Burke Mountain WV is where the Wagon Wheel is. It's right outside of Bluefield. There you can also ride up to McDonalds on the ATV. Heck, there's more ATVs in restaurant parking lots than there are cars....lol. We don't drink and ride much but we do like to drink some while camping. Some of the guys that go with us ride dooubles with their wives too. So that's why we go to Burke Mtn instead. But, like I said, get enough people together and let's all decide where to go and when and I'm there, wherever it may be. We also have been talking about taking a trip to Windrock. Maybe in the spring so we don't freeze our nads off while camping....lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Always up for a road trip and new rides. I will be taking a trip to Arkansas and doing some riding this spring but other than that would like to make some more riding trips. Do alot of riding now near Jellico, Tn. Once it warms up you see around 50 to 100 riders on any given weekend on those trails.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Count me and my buddy in too!!!! Our Rincons are always ready for an adventure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts