Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Just finished up tearing down one 680 that a friend bought cheap and replaced the timing chain, gaskets, did the timing and all those things. Everything there good. Took it for a ride yesterday, powerfull and good. Went back to put on all the plastic and grease down the frame. When done, i was going to fire it up again. But, pod was dead and nothing happend when i turned the key to 1.. lights still work though.

So, i pulled the seat, and when i did pod sparked to life for a brief second and died again.
I had a go today at the janky wiring and power stealers right below the hitch for the seat, eliminating those and making sure we had nothing but good wiring back there. But still, no life to the pod or anything else than lights, winch and such.

I've measured all the fuses, main 1 and 2 has power. Ecu and ignition does not. Not sure if they should have power before actually pulling power. But still, its a place to start.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips to work out from before pulling the bike apart again measuring like crazy here and there.

Attaching some pictures of janky wiring before (power stealers were to a trailer hitch outlet, it has been removed and disposed of), the box mounted on the airfilter im not sure what is for.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,621 Posts
The box looks like a contactor box for the winch. Remove the battery power wire from it while you follow the battery ground wire to the frame. There are a couple other grounds on that bolt as well, clean those up and see if your electrical issue changes. If not, you know the winch contactor is not part of the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts