Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im new to the forum. I recently got a 06 rincon 680 that isnt running. The guy i got it from said it got fire to the fuel pump but wasnt pumping. When i started looking at it it doesnt switch between esp and auto. its in esp but wont start turns over all day all lights work just wont start. any ideas

·
Super Moderator
6,522 Posts
Check for spark! Ten check for fuel at the outlet of the fuel pump. You may find the screen is plugged, it seems a regular occurrence with the fi models.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Is it running? You put it in drive and then select the gears. I'm not sure if it will show change without the engine running. I've never tried it before.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I'll be darn. With the key on and gear selector in drive, it will show 123 when you hit the buttons. Just tried it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no the wheeler wont start ive got to do some troubleshooting and figure out whats wrong with it. just noticed yesterday that when i flipped the switch between auto and esp it stayed in esp on the display.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is the battery new? If not it could be a bad battery cell playing havoc with your system.

Also, you might need to pull out the pet cock under the tank and see if those screens are jammed up. Or disconnect the hose from the fuel tank and see if you have fuel coming out the pet cock in both on and reserve.

Once you get the motor running you can then look into the ESP issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gas flows fine and battery is new. no spark none of the electrical controls are working. is there a relay for all of that somewhere. all of the fuses are fine. Wondering if it could be a bad computer

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Have to ask. Is the run switch on the bottom of the left hand grip in the on position?

·
Registered
364 Posts
On the front of the ATV where you put the antifreeze in there is a small cover. It’s right in front/below the pod. Take it off. Under there you will find the "major" electrical connection unit. Ensure this unit isn’t soaking wet or covered in mud and that all the wires and plugs are in tact, and plugged in.

You may want to check these connections to ensure they are not corroded or dirty. Also, there should be a rubber flap below this to keep dirt and water from coming up and hitting this area. If you don’t have that flap, get one.

Depending on your electrical expertise, it may be time to take it to the shop and have them look at it.​

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mud, You made a similar post on the Honda ATV forum. I responded to your post and provided a lot of information, suggestions, pictures of where components are, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts