Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 honda rincon trx 680 has a whining or humming sound in neutral but stops when engaged into drive or reverse.
when I purchased the quad couple days ago she was idling high so i cleaned IAC valve ... there was also some oil in the air filter box. drained the oil twice. charged the battery.
oil is above full mark about 1/8 th .

if anyone ever had this issue or has an idea any clues or idea will help. bike runs shifts fine btw

·
Administrator
12,395 Posts
Does it whine when warmed up? Maybe it likes Beer not wine..

When your checking the oil, are you screwing the stick in all they way? You should check it without screwing the stick in

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
This one is easy... don't stop. If she starts whining again, just tell her to stay home ....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol ! she will have to stay home with the 650 !

I read the service manual on how to do oil change ... I think its either the torq converter turbine spinning and when I shift t in drive or reverse somethings inside the torq converter stops the whinning.

Any of you get inside front crankcase cover before ? Cant get feed pipe A out feed pipe B and C come out but not instruction FOr A and thats the one feefing oil to low clutch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got feed pipe A out even the Honda dealer couldn’t help me on how to remove that pipe after the snap ring. This is the only thing service manual shows or talks about in manual :

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I did is remove the snap ring but then that round piece of aluminum is pressed In the case I couldn’t just pull on the feed pipe that round piece wouldn’t let it ... although in the whole were I circled in blue if you use a long thin punch you can drive it out ! That small round aluminum collar will fly out with the right force and the pipe will follow. Inside that round collar where pipe goes through there is an oring ! Even Honda dealer didn’t have it listed ... the oring was shot ... not sure if someone would leave it if that would cause any major issue but maybe it could .. it’s all about pressure
Thought I would share.

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
My 03 has been doing that for 17 years. I think the TC is spinning unloaded. When you put it in gear pressures are created causing the sound to diminish/ stop .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That’s exacly what I wanted to here ... thank you sir

My 03 has been doing that for 17 years. I think the TC is spinning unloaded. When you put it in gear pressures are created causing the sound to diminish/ stop .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts