Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So about a year ago I bought a 07 rincon and had no issues until now it was rode pretty hard but I always kept up with preventive maintenance. But today I was riding on pavement enjoying the bike and I noticed it seemed like it hit a speed limiter at 63mph but I know the limiter is at 69 I kept on riding it because every thing seemed fine had plenty of power and no weird sounds. I parked it on a flat meadow to take a picture and when I got back on it it would not go into drive the screen said it was in drive but every time I tried to put it in drive it would just grind the gears. Has no issues going into reverse or neutral but being miles away from home I finally managed(took about 10min of messing with to get it to go into gear) to get it to go into drive and ride it home when I got home I took it out of gear and it won't go back into drive. Only time it ever grinded gears before this was on a cold morning if it was still on high idle and you tried to shift before it got up to temp.
Update: turns out the linkage adjustment came loose I'm guessing just from riding vibration

·
Administrator
12,382 Posts
Welcome..

The factory limiter definitely isn't 69..

Sounds like a shift fork issue, you can try and adjust the shift cable but I doubt it'll do anything.

·
Super Moderator
6,621 Posts
Shifting at a high idle is asking for trouble. (In that case, put it in drive with the engine off, then use the hand brake start method and fix the idle issue. Check the mark on the shift arm, it should align with the shaft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Help! My 2005 honda 650 rincon is starting to stall and keeps misfiring when driving. It is not a steady misfire it just does it randomly. It does still have the stock spark plug so could that be the problem. It has happen before so I took the gas tank off and cleaned it and cleaned the fuel filter and it made it run great, but now it's doing it again and I know it's not the fuel filter. Now it is running with out a air filter because I'm still working on it so could that be the problem? Just spent all my money on rebuilding the rear end so I'm hoping I don't need to spend too much money. It used to idle so smooth and no misfiring, but now it started to stall and misfiring when driving all of a sudden. Also some more information if you need it, it started to "tick" at a rhythm, but now it's ticking very loud on every stroke. So what could be the problem on that too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh and about the shifting problem, mine has that too, but to fix that, you need to adjust the shifter cables. There are 2 places to adjust it, Under the gas tank and on the motor. Mine used to only grind when putting in in reverse but now it grinds putting it in f and r. All I have to say is to readjust it until you find the sweet spot to shift in f and r so you can shift with no problem. It usually happens because of vibration when driving so it will lose its adjustments and also after so many years, it is possible that the cable could of stretched a little and that will make a big difference. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Rincon 680FGA
2 Posts
Wow, I have an 07 as well. Why would you want to do 60+ MPH on an ATV? One false move and its all over. Mine never grinds and it idles the same all the time cold weather or hot, it is fuel injected. Also, try the plug, I just fixed a similar issue with my Honda riding mower by replacing the plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, I have an 07 as well. Why would you want to do 60+ MPH on an ATV? One false move and its all over. Mine never grinds and it idles the same all the time cold weather or hot, it is fuel injected. Also, try the plug, I just fixed a similar issue with my Honda riding mower by replacing the plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright I'll put a new plug in it but I also need to put a air filter on it, I don't have one on there right now because I've been rebuilding it, and I heard that could cause it too. And yea 60+ is dangerous, I never go that fast except for one time doing a speed test, and mine went 67mph.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Rincon 680FGA
2 Posts
Alright I'll put a new plug in it but I also need to put a air filter on it, I don't have one on there right now because I've been rebuilding it, and I heard that could cause it too. And yea 60+ is dangerous, I never go that fast except for one time doing a speed test, and mine went 67mph.
Make sure you use the EXACT plug specked by Honda. In my case with my Honda riding mower, it called for NGK, I used a Champion that NAPA sold me. I went down the wrong road after that as the plug did not fix it. After extensive googling, I then tried the EXACT NGK plug it called for and my problem was solved. I think the plug NAPA sold me was not a resistor plug which the NGK was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well on my farm I have flat open fields that are miles long of nothing and flat so to get 1 end to the other I tend to ride pretty fast when there is no crop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts