Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some pictures of my additional lighting that I thought some of you might be interested in. Just look under my profile to see them.

First, I installed a steerable headlight on a custom bracket made from 1/8 thick aluminum. It was easy to cut and bend and will not rust like steel. There are screws on the bottom of the pod that I mounted the bracket to. I then used a relay with a switch mounted on the dash to turn it on. The light is just a Wal Mart driving light that I had bought for a vehical some time ago.

I also added a reverse light. Initially, I was going to mount a Warn reverse light on the rear of the machine. When I put the Kimpex rear bumper on, I couldn't figure out where to mount it. I then stumbled onto the idea I ended up using. Warn trail lights fit perfectly on the support brackets of the Kimpex bumper. Their size is perfect and they are only 35w each so 2 on for short times should not hurt anything. I have them hooked up to automatically come on when you shift into reverse. All you do is connect the grey wire on the gear position switch to the ground side of a relay. You then tap into a switched hot lead for the positive side of the relay. When you have the key on and switch into reverse, the gear position switch grounds the relay causing it to trip and turn on your lights.

WARNING, you must be careful to wire this up properly or you could potentially ruin your electronics. At no time can you let any current go back thru the gear position switch as it is connected to the computer. By using the relay, there is never any direct connection with it. A magnetic field is generated that causes the contacts to close turning on your lights. Just be extra careful if you attempt this mod. If you don't understand, get someone to help you that does. It is really a simple circuit but the potential is there to cause some damage if you don't hook it up correctly.

·
Registered
409 Posts
TopGun-Great pictures!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Hey man, that looks great, might have to try that myself,thanks for the tips...........Bigjohn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
looks at the pics on my profile, and tell me if you like my extra lighting, they is built in magnesium and they weighs little
ciao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts