Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the front and rear sport kits for sale on eBay for quite some time now. When I first viewed the Rincon with no racks, I thought it looked horrible.

After looking at the front sport kit for quite some time this year, I am thinking about buying it. It has grown on me, so to say. I just can’t decide on the chrome or glossy black. I wish they offered a polished aluminum look. That would blend in better.

My question / poll is this, who here uses their front rack that much any way?

I can only recall using mine once. I have always used the back rack to strap items down while working or playing using the Rincon.

Does any one think the Rincon would look strange with the front sport kit and keeping the OEM back rack in place?

I wish the kit offered a choice of color matching plugs to cover the holes left by removing the front rack. It would just look better.

Please voice your opinion on if you use your front rack, and which color sport kit you would prefer on a red Rincon.

Thanks..

·
Registered
121 Posts
My front rack has my kolpin box mounted on it, nothing on the rear, I like for the front to be a little heavier due to some of the steep trails in West Virginia. Between the box and winch mine has a good feel to it. Anyone know where to get the front kimpex storage box, it looks sweet. My company is sponsoring a 4-wheeler ride this coming Saturday the 20th at 9:00 am, at the Hatfield McCoy Trail System- Waterways, Little Coal River Trail Head, just south of Charleston, WV. All are welcome

·
Registered
121 Posts
My front rack has my kolpin box mounted on it, nothing on the rear, I like for the front to be a little heavier due to some of the steep trails in West Virginia. Between the box and winch mine has a good feel to it. Anyone know where to get the front kimpex storage box, it looks sweet. My company is sponsoring a 4-wheeler ride this coming Saturday the 20th at 9:00 am, at the Hatfield McCoy Trail System- Waterways, Little Coal River Trail Head, just south of Charleston, WV.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I also have a box mounted on my front rack. I have a stereo installed in the box with mounts on the outside.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
here you go.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
here's another.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If nothing else, Its good protection for your plastic...

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Kimpex front box . Hondapartsworld.com have them for a good price

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have a box mounted on the front and a box with my extra gas tank on the rear,would not even consider doing away with either of my racks..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a front basket on the front rack. Iti very handy for holding gas, chainsaws, packs, coolers, etc. Can't imagine not having it or my front bumper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks kinda cool but I still like the utility side of the rinny... That's like putting one of those lawn mower pipes on those little rice burnin cars....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have boxes permantly mounted to both of my racks. I couldn't see living without either one. The sport kit does look good.....But then where would I put everthing? Maybe I carry too much stuff? But I like to be prepared. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
mj- how do you have the speakers mounted?

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
In this photo you can kind of see the mounting brackets. The speakers are held to the brackets with thumb screws top and bottom. The brackets are held onto the box with a couple of small bolts. I can install the speakers or remove them in about a minute. When they are not mounted they are in the box. They are water proof though. It is hard to hear them while riding, we mostly listen when we have stopped to take a break.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts