Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one here purchased the CMP Atv Hitch for their Rincon yet?

Can be seen here: http://rockymountainatv.com/home.asp?sid=0003579235
Looks to me like the one in the middle / left side of the photo is for the Rincon.

I have seen a couple of sturdy looking single hole hitches on eBay, but this hitch has three holes, one for a ball, one for a tow clevis and one just for a pin hitch. Is this CMP hitch a POS or is it a well made product? Any thoughts on the steel thickness? 1/8" or 1/4"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guitars911:
Be carefull when selecting your hitch that it not extend out too far. I have had many occasions cruising down the trail and wheelying over obstacles only to have my stock hitch scrape the ground.

If you add length to this arrangement, this will be a serious issue.

No big deal if you rarely wheely while trail riding. Otherwise, build your own using square tubing paying special attention to extension length.

Good luck,

Wily Splain
Fairbanks, AK
Mechanical Engineer

·
Registered
16 Posts
ebay has real nice stainless hitch for Rincon, not too expensive. Carefull with the bolts and nuts though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just ordered this last week, and the wife called and said it arrived Saturday.(I'm at work for a couple of days). I go home Monday morning and I'll let you know what it's like. The wife said it looks pretty stout.?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the stainless one from Ebay, very nice piece, but the bolts were junk, go ahead and buy some bolts and toss the ones that came with it.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also bought a stainless one off ebay about 3 weeks back. I too had problems with one of the bolts. Had to cut the darn thing off after trying to screw the lock nut on..lol But all in all it is a very nice hitch. I am pleased with the purchase.

Lizard, please report back on how you like the CMP hitch.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ordered the stainless hitch off of E-bay and it fit great. The bolts were perfect on mine, but I do have the PRM skid plate that the bolts go through as well. But this hitch is bomb-proof, and is worth every penny to me.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lizard, I though you were refering to the CMP hitch in your post eariler.. oops.

The stainless look of the hitch goes well with the rest of the rear end of the atv as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The nuts and bolts are a mismatch, Jen sent an email with nonsense on nylock nuts. Home Despot has what you need as replacements.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well appearently she's corrected the problem with the bolts, as mine fit fine. I actually used it today to pull a Fed-Ex van up and out of my driveway. It was a little icey and the van needed a little assistance. Actually it needed alot of assistance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ill tell ya when i get mine, should be here by tommorrow

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think they have some "mixed nuts" no pun intended, mine were definitely wrong. Putting the bolts and nuts on destroyed the threads. Sheared one right off trying to get off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
just recived my hitch ( the stainless one on ebay ) bolts are fine nuts ok also looks better than the one i made , mabey cuz its not all bent & twisted. well worth the 30 bucks

·
Registered
807 Posts
Stainless hitch. The nuts are not mismatched. Some lower quality stainless has a tendency to gall. Put some "never-seize" on the bolt before screwing the nut on and you will not have any problems. BTW I have two of the Stainless hitches I am no longer using due to changing to a receiver system. I'll give them to anyone that wants them. Just pay the postage. Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's my 2c on this deal.

The guy that makes those stainless steel hitches is just a regular guy like the rest of us. His name is Karl and he frequents this forum from time to time. He uses a laser to build metal things in his job and builds a few things on the side to make a few extra bucks. His wife Jen, takes care of the e-bay/business end of it. They are good folks trying to get by, just like the rest of us. Karl rides a Rincon. He's the same guy that makes the stainless 2" exhaust tip that you read about in this forum. I have one of those too and it is an excellent product. Pricey but of high quality, just like the hitch.

I don't know these folks other than having communications with them in reference to my purchases. The stainless steel nuts and bolts that come with the hitches now are high quality and without problem.

You get what you pay for and these are nice!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I thought I seen a 2" reciever style hitch somewhere but can't find it again-anyone know of any?........thanks for any info in advance......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sierraatv.com has them as does Cabelas.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I knew I seen it somewhere.....THANKS!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts