Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been dealing with Honda Motor Company's customer service folks out in Calafornia. Not very helpful folks. The only way I started getting any results out of them was after I FEDEX'ed a letter explaining I have over $45,000 worth of Honda products in my garage all within a year or two old and will never buy another Honda product in my life I they don't help me. Rincon is back at the dealer again, to address the low end and stalling problem. I believe it's a design flaw, they just won't admit it. I want this thing bought back, but doubt that will ever happen. If not, not one more Honda product ever!!!!

After owning over 25 mcycles and 4 wheelers, I have to say this has been the largest dissapointment of any in the last 15 years. I'll let you know where this goes for others that may need help......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Low end stalling problem is from the a/f screw being too rich.

But the rich a/f screw helps compensate for the too lean hesitation when going to WOT.

I know... I've done my best to tune around it... working great.

What this carb really needs is an accellerator pump. That would allow you to lean out the a/f screw to where it should be, and yet if you go to WOT get the extra fuel needed for more power and a clean transition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is a slide carb made with an accelerator pump that the XR650L users have used to replace the sucky stock CV carb. They say it works great. I had a slide carb on an older XR650L, but it did not have the pump, and I did not like it as well as the stocker.
If interested I can look back and find where to get it, if someone wants to experiment. It should work great as the stocker carbs between the Rinny and XR are almost the same and are jetted the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts