Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm really concerned about the "push"(understeer) I often feel in fast corners. Riding back down the main road from a new trail we found today, came to a wide, sweeping turn. Was going about 30 which didn't seem to be a big deal until in the turn the rincon wanted to go straight! I manhandled it back in line, but it could have been a real bad experience as the road feel off pretty good to the side we were headed. Anyone else experience this with the stock tires, and which replacement tires would best correct this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeh the push is there , in fact a couple of the reviews out there complain about the push i just got used to mine sometimes i can steer a little bit earlier to compisate for it or get out of the throttle and let the frt settle in then get back into it , it is hard to explain what i mean but i no what your feelin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yellow,

I've heard good & bad about the Holeshots- some possible problems about susceptibility to punctures & loosing air for no apparent reason.I'm leaning toward Dirt Devils after all of the research & input. Now I'm trying to decide if I want the stock 25's or 26's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was going to get the HL springs, but I dont think I want it that stiff.

I think Im going to build some 1/2" spacers and slide them on top of my stock springs to stiffen them up a little...

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I think I've decided to try a set of Maxxis Bighorn radials. They only come in 25", but the tread pattern sure looks good and I like the look of the side protection. My stock rims are all dinged up. The stock tires offer no side protection at all. Around here you ride in rocks or you don't ride at all.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Q- Did you build some spacers for the front? Did it stiffen up the front some? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
Hi All
re that push! Try riding with the theory of "point and shoot" in your mind. The Rincon, like most short wheel based machines was not made to "shoot cones" in a parking lot. If the turn is a sweeping right hander, put your head in front of the right handlebar (yes lean into it) and shift the weight from center to front right and use your left leg to hug the tank right knee away from the tank to outside. (That handle bar may wind up at your belly but this is great!!) As you apply power , the Rincon will follow your command. If, you hit it too late, and feel you have to back off the power, on the contrary, nail it to slide the rear tires a bit, The "point and shoot" technique is best observed on dirt track racing, both bikes and sprints use a similar body movement technique and use the rear end to really stear their machines. It is a feel and please try it slowly at first. I taught it to the wife and she blasts by me now on the inside... darn her!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
HondaMan, You may be diappointed to know that the Bighorns will NOT protect the wheels as well as a tire that has a Bead protector...ATR's 589's Laws are just few that come to mind.

Nite}{awk

·
Registered
60 Posts
i too am thinking of the radial bighorns....mainly because i want to stay with a radial, otherwise i would go with the mud lights.....

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I just swapped the Bighorn Radials from my Grizzly over to my Rincon, just to see what they're like. I haven't ridden much with 'em yet... just up and down the street once. Hard to say yet what they're like so far, but I'll report back when I know more.

Rob

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oilcan... How do you like your Armidillo Skid plate. I bought one and when I got it, it seemed like the hole for the oil drain was centered instead of off to the left. I called them back and they told me to wallar out the hole a bit. I told them I wanted my money back. I had not installed it yet. They told me, no way. I was upset but put it on. Seems to me to be very flimsy. What are your thoughts on it, if you have ridden with it some...
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts