Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to install a mirror for when I am leading a club ride. I haven't found the right mirror yet, as when I screw the mirror into the end of the handlebar, it eventually comes loose. Do I need to drill out the inside of the bar and install a mirror with an expansion bolt? Where do you get the right kind of mirror with a built-in expansion bolt?

·
Registered
9 Posts
yo dude get a mirror from a sports store like one who sells bicycles. they wilol have a mirror that clamps with velcro strap to the handle bar end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So-called "bar-end" mirrors are widely available over the internet at virtually every motorcycle accessory vendor. They all have expansion bolts and never fall out. However, bar-end mirrors are not the best for ATV's...they are not positioned all that well, and they stick out where they get whacked in tight areas.

A handlebar clamp-on mirror that sticks up maybe 8-10 inches works best for me. Do NOT get the Acerbis plastic one. These are made to allow the bike to be inspected for "street-legal" status. The mirror itself is worthless in function. It is too small and vibrates all over the place. Get a metal stemmed mirror....again, widely available at motorcycle accessory vendors.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Henri,

check out this site;

http://www.bugeyes.com/index.html

They are little rear view mirrors that attach to your helmet so you don't get that vibration from the bike like other mirrors. I haven't tried them, but I will if I have the need as they look like a good solution. Maybe someone has had some experience with these "bug eyes"?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Henry,

I don't know where they get them but I often see these touring bicyclists wearing a small mirror that is attached to their sunglasses. I have been kinda keeping an eye out for one of these myself just to see if they would work. I don't always wear a helmet when I ride (yeah, I know, kids--don't do this at home!) so the type that attach to a helmet won't do me much good. Maybe I'll look around on the internet a bit. If I find them, I'll either post here or send you a PM.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dennis-Kirk has them, www.denniskirk.com then go to "handlebars and controls" and then mirrors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts