Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't pay the $15 at honda!! You can get the plug from advance auto for 6.99. The part # is 5464

·
Registered
338 Posts
this is the exact plug for the rinny or some a replacement that we don't know about??

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I did a quick cross reference at;

http://www.ngk.com/results_cross.asp?pid=5464&x=57&y=21

It is the plug for the Rincon, 5464 is a good number

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dale,
The plug listed for the Rincon is a IFR5L-11. That does not translate into the 5464 number. I found the IFR plug on your link and it was $11.59. How different are these plugs?

thanks
John

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I put the #5464 in the search box, it came back with the plug listing, then I clicked on the link to see what vehicles the plug would fit and the Rincon was listed at the very bottom of the list.

I just went back to the NGK site and started from scratch looking for the plug that fit a Rincon, and it lists the 5464 number. The number IFR5L-11 doesn't show that it fits anything, its listed on their site but does not have an application that it fits.

Very strange. They also don't show a listing for a 2004 Rincon just 2003.

Edit to add:
If you go to their site and click on sparkplug 411, you should be able to find the differences betwwen the two plugs, I didn't do that yet, might have to later.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is the #5464 an advanced auto parts stock # or an NGK stock #? I went to ngk's site and found the listing for both the 03 and 04 rincon. The plug listed is the IFR5L-11, stock# 6994. I had advanced auto order me the #5464, should be here tomorrow but I'm getting the feeling that it's not going to be the right plug. The girl at advance told me that the #5464 did not cross reference to anything. This is all before I found this latest #6994 info.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Ok I see that I was at NGK.com, not at NGKsparkplugs.com. two different web sites, the latter is the NGK mfg's web site, it has the info for 2004, and they list the IFR5L-11 for the Rincon.

It all boils down to the Honda shop manual says to use the IFR5L-11 plug.

NGK.com has them for $11.95 depending on shipping it maybe still cheaper than the dealer.

The #6502 crosses to a IFR5L-11 at NGK.com

The #6994 does not come up at NGK.com's database

The #5464 cross reference is not a IFR5L-11, for #5464 it shows;
BKR5EIX-11.This is what NGK.com shows for a 2003 Rincon.
Looking at the heat ranges, plug reach, etc they should be interchangeable.

Use at your own risk.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Talked to tech sevice at ngk and the guy I talked to said that the#6994 was a misprint and the right number was #6502. My local advanced auto store went to great lenghts trying to find the IFR5L-11. They say when they cross the #6502 stock #, it comes up as spark plug wires and their parts warehouse doesn't have the IFR5L-11 either, and even if they did, you would have to order in quanities of 100. I give up. I'll just pay the $14.82 at the dealer. The #5464 I ordered should be here today and I'm just going to have them send it back since I'm not sure that's the right plug either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts