Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,, so after having resolved my problem with stalling when I go WOT from a stand still, now I appear to be having problems with the machine running when I come to an abrubt stop... its like the machine just wont stay running if I hammer on the brakes,... is this is an A/F adjustment or

my current setup is.

DJ 146 Main
2.75 turns on the A/F
Uni-Filter

·
Registered
322 Posts
I believe the stalling issues probably have something to do with the Pilot jet. Probably Hondas way to FURTHER restrict the power output of the Rincon. So, when we start to modify it, this problem starts to show. I am going to look into changing it. First I need to find out some numbers...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yellow650, I have been thinking about changing my pilot jet to one size larger its not that mine is stalling I am just wondering if it would help in the performance of the machine. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I am very happy with my current set up and don't really want to mess it up but if you try it let me know i am interested.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wondering,,,,size 50 by whos measurement ? As I have recently learned that various jetting manufacturers seems to number their jets differently, I want to be certain that I buy a #54 from the same manufacturer that makes the #50 in the carb...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so im trying to figure out wich keihin "series" I need to order,
I found this on denniskirk.com

DG
Keihin 22 Series Pilot Jet-Size 52
part # 17146252
Price: $4.99

it states that series 22 is for
22 Series Pilot Jets fit 34-38mm PE carbs

does this apply to the rincon ? once I know this, I'll purchase both a size up and size down from stock... #48 and a #50 and with any luck get my machine running like it should...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Go for it!!!!!!

Let me know as soon as you try it!.....I'm next if it works.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The pilot jet you need is the 26 series but I am not for sure if Dennis Kirk carries it, I have ordered from www.carbparts.com before and was well pleased with the service. I know that they will have them. You mentioned above that you was going to buy one size larger and one size smaller that would be a #48 and #52 you said above that it was #48 and #50 just didn't want you order the wrong ones. Let me know how this turns out I am real interested in this.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx. Im going to try and find someone localy here in winnipeg that stocks the keihin jets. Maybe they will let me buy an assortment and return the ones I dont use (in this city, that is a very likley possibility.. Winnipeg is the land of the wearhouse, and the home of the deal...heck you could be giving it away, and true winnipeger still has to think about it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts