Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about several times, but just wondering if anyone has yet to come up with a way to stop the rincons from stalling. I can put a hard load on mine sort of like if you was trying to pull something and let off the throttle real fast and it will die. It only does this if there is a load on the motor and you really don't even have to be moving. Does anyone have any advise.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Pretty annoying. Most of the posts in the past were in reference to stalling when water was involved. This was remidied by the carb vent line rerouting. I think this is a different problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wrote honda a letter on the problem and got the typical bullshit response.Take it to the dealer, which i did and they said it was working properly. I think it is a gearing issue. The rpm's are low because of the high gears and when you stop hard the torque converter brings the engine below idle and it dies. I have tried all the "adjustments" listed on many websites with no fix.I think we all need to write honda a letter and hope for a recall. Power in numbers....................

American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
Motorcycle Customer Relations
1919 Torrance, CA 90501
310-532-9811

·
Registered
613 Posts
Seems like anyone that has 26"+ tires have more of a stalling problem then anyone else. I might be wrong!!!! I tried to search past posts of people talking about stalling problem and while looking at their profile they have larger tires then what comes with the rincon,..Hell I don't know but i will be installing 26" this weekend, I will let you know if have a stalling problem....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have just spent 2 months dealing with American Honda with the exact same problem. I explained to them I have $45,000 worth of Honda toys in my garage, and will never buy another Honda product should they not do something about this, ie buy it back. My 2005 Rincon dies on hills, or anytime under load as well. The manager of the Rincon Tech Support line says it is a "design characteristic", in other words its a design flaw that they do not have a fix for. After having back to the dealer twice, and the dealer following instructions from Honda, Honda tells me there is NOTHING wrong with my bike. I would think this would be a huge liability to Honda, but they don't care. They basically told me to stick it where the sun don't shine. This is the last Honda I will ever buy. What a shame, I'm only 33 years old and they passed up on consumer profit for the rest of my life. I have a little too much pride to give them another penny.

Please write to the above or call 1-866-784-1870 it is for the same department as above, just toll free!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine does it also, at the most inopportune time. And I only have 25" mudrunners. I had a similar problem with my Raptor and by going to a larger pilot jet, it seemd to fix it. I only went .025 larger on the Raptor. I have been saying I was going to do it to the rinny but have not taken the time. Not even sure what the next step up from the #50 is.

·
Registered
409 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
800 Posts
after reading the post of the non water related stalling,1 thing becomes verry clear.99% of the people having stalling problems have added mods like a (jet kit) or a (k+n filter) or a (new exhaust). and having 26" tires is not the problem, the stalling just might be a sideaffect of 1 or all your mods and for anyone with a stock rincon that stalls all i can say then is maby its a monday or friday made machine. just thinking outloud

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Guy's!

The Rubicon I had had the same problem and my next door neighbor bought also a Rubicon at the same time amd he had the same problem and we had no modification.Now I have the rincon and it still does the same thing but I learn to recognize when it will do it or in what type of situation, and I'm now able to control it almost all the time.The only problem that I haven't work on is the stalling problem in deep water,I still haven't done the vent pipe modification but I should. After 5500Km of mud riding I had to change the disc brake and pad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is bone stock as of now and I have the same stalling problem. Kinda a pain in the azz but it doesn't sound like it happens as often to me. Mine is when I shift to reverse more times than not.?.?.?.?

·
Registered
54 Posts
ine is stock also and it stall every here and there mostly when it's not warmmed up ,two of my buddies also have the rinny's with the same problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After I got my jetting perfect mine doesn't do it anymore, it kinda sounds weird that perfect jetting made it better but it did and I am very very happy rincon owner again.

·
Registered
322 Posts
04 RinconMan,

Ok so what exatly are your settings so all of us can try it too. I'm up for anything @ this point. Let us know everything you done, even any other mods that might not be in your sig.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I want to make a point here, silveradoman has made a very general yet incorrect statment, my 04 rincon wich couldnt be more wrong. My Rincon stalled from day one, and I bought it with the 26" mud lights... Im trying to resolve the stalling by rejeting.

One point I would make tho, since rejetting, it stalls just as often, but now I can pull the wheels 10 inches from the ground...

today is the day where I get it right... just for shits and giggles Im going to go up the Dj 146 jet, and up to the first notch on the needle.... in addition to working towards richening the A/F right to the point where it starts to stall at idle and back off... from there I will see how the topend is...

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Back when I was in drivers ed (yes they had drivers ed back in the 70's) we were given specific instructions for driving automatics. The reason was that automatics of the day had a tendency to stall under certain circumstances. If you were to give it gas and immediatly let off the gas the cars back then would often stall. Cars nowdays don't have this problem. I attribute this to electronics and computers.

I think the Rincon's stalling problem is completely caused by mating an automatic transmission with the 650 engine (that is to say if the Rincon was a manual shift I do not believe it would have any stalling issues). The only "cure" I can see is time spent adjusting carb settings and testing until good results are found.

·
Registered
800 Posts
looks like i might have been wrong,so what your saying is the mods to your machines came after the stalling problem was found.the onily time my bike ever stalled was when it was in deep water. the vent mod has fixed that.after spending 8 grand you think honda would want to make you happy (repeat customer)and fix it.a new machine that stalls every now and then and is (normal) is not a good way of selling your product.i have aways bought honda because thay last forever,and so far my rinny is doing just fine.i will keep my fingers crossed and my mouth shut from now on lol. i was just pointing out what i saw

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
so, here is where Im at...

I installed the DJ 146 main jet, left the A/F were it was running best with the previously installed 144, (slightly less then 2 3/4 turns) removed that white plastic baffle, and guess what..... no more stalling !! well, atleast now it only stalled once in about 25 full throttle starts... wich is either realy fine tuneing, or fricking nothing to wory about. I am interested in rejeting the pilot circuit tho, I called a local deal and they are just "dumb" to say the least... could someone direct me to where ever I can get the "next size up from stock" pilot jet ?

It would also appear that I have convinced the wife that an MBRP stainless slip on is *needed*... so with the approval to spend the funds. is this the best can for bottom end punch ?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
My Rincon stalls as well and did so ever since day 1 and it's starting to bother me. Also my buddies machine does the same thing !

Anybody have any current fixes???

·
Registered
328 Posts
1 of U fockers should put a list together of all the things you've "fixed" problems/solutions), not mods, and e-mail/fax/mail it 2 Honda so they can see.
Ya never know, it might get passed along in to the right hands and you'll get a response.....don't be sarcastic, be professional about it.
Best case scenario, you're fixes might show up on the next model and you'll be offered a job with Honda r&d .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts