Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Rincon 680FGA
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Rincon TRX680FGA in otherwise excellent shape. Only has a few hundred mile on it. I was using it the other day to pull my ZTR mower our of the mud and when I put it under load in reverse, it made this very odd sound like the starter spun and then it died. Did this 3 times. It seems to only do this under very heavy load. It was not able to budge the ZTR so I gave up and used a tractor.

Any ideas? It otherwise runs and drives flawlessly. I think it has around 600 miles on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine does the same thing every once in awhile like when I'm using the plow it'll just all sudden stall out and make a noise like the starter just spun. And I have completely tuned up the engine including new fuel filter and fuel pump adjusted the valves new spark plug seafoam ran through it as well and it still does it every once in awhile. I wouldn't count on it being the fuel filter.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Rincon 680FGA
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine does the same thing every once in awhile like when I'm using the plow it'll just all sudden stall out and make a noise like the starter just spun. And I have completely tuned up the engine including new fuel filter and fuel pump adjusted the valves new spark plug seafoam ran through it as well and it still does it every once in awhile. I wouldn't count on it being the fuel filter.
I have always kept up on maintenance, to a fault actually. I change the oil/filter once/year since it gets ridden so few miles each year. I have never replaced the fuel filter though. I have the shop manual and looked through the troubleshooting section and no joy there. What I need to try is doing the same thing in forward versus reverse to see if is a reverse only thing. I suppose no answer to this is OK since I rarely try to pull 1600lb ZTR's out of the mud.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Could you be hitting the reverse rev limiter. Low and easy to hit with a bit of wheel spin. Shouldn't stall though.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Rincon 680FGA
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you be hitting the reverse rev limiter. Low and easy to hit with a bit of wheel spin. Shouldn't stall though.
Revs were not high at all so I dont think so. An odd problem for sure.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
That does sound like restricted fuel filter. Run fine for a while, then quit, particularly under heavy load. Wait a while and it restarts.

06 and I think 07 had the round fuel filter that sits flat in the bottom of the canister. Later they got a rectangular filter that sits vertically, I presume to get it out of any sediment.

Anyhoo, there is a PN for the early EFI machines that includes a new lower motor housing/filter mount that accepts the new style filter, and includes a new style filter. Subsequent changes, there is a PN for just the newer filter.

I think I have a video somewhere, if that would be helpful.

Reactions: Oilcan

·
Registered
21 Posts
like I said earlier in an earlier post I replaced my entire fuel filter, housing and fuel pump with the latest greatest newest model updated fuel filter in my I quad and it will still do the same stalling issue every once in awhile. It may be a good jumping-off point but don't expect that to be the fix. I have the exact same quad 2007 Rincon fuel injected

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2014 was getting weak , it didn't have any power on climing hills or any snap on turns when I hit the throttle. I pumped out all of the gas, added a small amount of cleaner and a full tank of 90 octane. Now it runs like new. I never used much gas on trail rides and always just topped it off before a ride. So it was always a mix of old gas!

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
like I said earlier in an earlier post I replaced my entire fuel filter, housing and fuel pump with the latest greatest newest model updated fuel filter in my I quad and it will still do the same stalling issue every once in awhile. It may be a good jumping-off point but don't expect that to be the fix. I have the exact same quad 2007 Rincon fuel injected
Old gas? Overheating MAP sensor? Burping the throttle like a dirt bike (short stabs on the throttle) will flood the Fi Rincon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts