Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 21543 Hi all I’m new and I’ve enjoyed reading posts up to now. Have a rincon 680 in workshop at the moment. Owner said transmission problems from when he got it and now starter problem. I haven’t got to test drive it yet as I found the starter splines eaten away. He said it had got a new started when he bought it a few months ago. I can easily replace starter but I’m asking what might have caused this. He said it stated first tip until problem developed. Any help would be great
Wood Automotive tire Art Gas Font

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked it and it looks ok. Can only think the starter didn’t match the gear. Have to wait a week for a new starter, will compare splines when I get it. Will yet you know.
Light Orange Handle Rectangle Wood

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Checked it and it looks ok. Can only think the starter didn’t match the gear. Have to wait a week for a new starter, will compare splines when I get it. Will yet you know.
Very possible...
Pull the recoil starter and look at the entire gear, if you haven't done so already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again, got new starter and it’s identical. Didn’t install it as I’m afraid it will get damaged also. Looked in at gear and looks ok. I’m at a dead end now. Any ideas …..

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
I bet the teeth on the starting gear took damage previously and is chewing up the starter gear. While it 'Looks ok", maybe its not? This is gonna be the machines 3rd starter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts