Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone want to sell or work out trade for a stocker? i have an hmf with quiet core but still to o loud with the neighbors. also anyone went from aftermarket and back to stock? how much performance lost? also anyone had good results the bigger end cap you can buy or make? thanks for your time!

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
ryan, Im interested, what you thinking?

·
Registered
800 Posts
going back to a stock exhaust, ouch that will hurt you in the hp department.you should try talking the neighbors in to getting a atv and show them how to make mods to it, that way you could be as loud as you want and have a rideing partner close by. going with the 2" tip will make it sound a little better but my snowblower and woodspliter are louder than my rincon. you could aways move to the country thats what i did and i will stay here till i die.i might be talked into renting you a room lol lol.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
geezuz man... at some point you need to suggest to the neighbours that "thats too bad"

Silverado man makes a good point, and we only figured this out on sunday, my rincon with the HMF and quiet core is quieter then my 13 horse snow blower...

when I stand beside my rincon with the engine running, I can talk, and others can hear me, with the snowblower running... forget it..I suspect my lawnmower and weed trimmer are equaly as noisy...

possibly your neighbours are farking gelerous welfare recipients with too many bastard children and discarded pizza boxes scattered around the trailer, and they are just looking for somthing to complain about... I live in a rural setting and have neighbour as well I have to drive up a back lane to get to the fields and trails I play on... no one has ever complained... infact, I get the odd senior citizen who wants me to goose it so he can hear how loud it realy is...

farking neighbours jeez how I hate the whining bastards... if Idint work in the city, I would be out in the country permanently...as my family are already country folk, it wouldnt be a hard transitiion...

hmmm on that note...

if a beanery is where you go to eat beans... whats the country ?

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
I am with you mudchucker. Moved to the country myself.I can sort of ride on the roads legally with an agricultural triangle and a chain saw strapped on the back for camo. So far two stops, 1 state boy and one conservation officer. The CO laughed at my chainsaw and sent me on the way, the state police guy asked me how I liked my Recon and told me to stray off the busy roads. Don't get me wrong, I confine my road rides to what is necessary to get to the several large farms I have access to. City dwellers deserve each other!!! Long live country folks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
mudchucker youo have the best sense of humor i've come across always enjoy your posts keep it up

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
LMAO @ mud..good one!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ryan,

I actually like your neighbors, pizza boxes and all if it means you'll trade my stock exhaust w/ 2"mod and spark arrester for your HMF with quiet core.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Mudchucker..

Too much. Cool video keep it up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres the deal... now most of my riding is done late hours of nite till 3 in moring a lot of times. i can keep it quiet but while my buddies are wheelying and going wide open in mud i have to go slow without making too much noise. otherwise we get a visit from the guys with blue and red lights on top of their cars. and when i ride with brutes and grizzlys, 700 twins or whatever... what am i gonna prove with a rincon except "boy thats loud!!" they are faster stock than i am with pipe. i dont remeber what my quad ran like with stock exhaust cuz i got hmf right away. will i lose that much?? it will still stand right up at crack of throttle wont it?? if not maybe i will try another pipe cuz i cant have any fun not being able to go wide open when my buddies can. thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know a few of you think im nuts for wanting a stock exaust and want to trade me but does anyone have their stock one and want to sell it?? just another option i guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ryan i have a stock exaust i would be willing to trade

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I have a stock exhaust with only about 10 to 15 hours on it... the trouble is, where the collar attaches to the header pipe, when of the assemblers at honda striped one of the bolts on it, and nuts are welded onto the clamp... dont know if the clamp is easily replaced or not...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well just another idea im tossing around...anyone want to buy the hmf from me?? im just seeing what my options are right now i guess. if i can sell it maybe thats what ill do and try something else. for all those who emailed me about selling a stock unit or wanted to trade i will let you know in a few days to what im gonna do. if anyone interested in the hmf let me know what its worth to ya. its in great ahape. thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts