Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a ticking sound coming from the front of the rincon's engine case, I first thought it was valves, but the rig has no symptoms of a loose or tight valve, it actually runs well, 63 on a straight way, and pulls wheelies with ease, despite the fact im 275 lbs, have mudlights, and kimpex front bumper

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a sort of tinny ticking noise from time to time and I think it is coming from the header pipe up close to where it comes out of the head. If you listen closely from the left side, you can almost isolate it to the pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Duramax, Ill have to check that out, at first I was thinking valves but there were no symptoms of a loss in performance associated with tight or loose valves, I read on other posts either here or in the connection forums that others have been noticing a ticking sound coming from the front of the engine,

Ive been reading the posts on this site for quite some time now, and it is extremely informative, Its great that it is machine specific and that most of us here have rincons. anyhow thanks again

·
Registered
322 Posts
CoalCracker, the valves NATURALLY tick. When they are too loose, the ticking will be very obvious and will be something that makes you go "that doesn't sound good!" It's probably just the natural tick of the valves, mine does it also. The Rincon has solid lifters, thus the only clearance or "slack" in the valvetrain is between the rocker arm and valve stem. The rocker arms are adjusted to have a slight amount of slack between them and the valve stem, producing a natural ticking sound when the engine is running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys, for the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been hearing the ''ticking'' for weeks now. Thought I was imagining it. It's more like a ''clicking'' than ''ticking.'' Like ball bearings hitting each other. Can't seem to find a pattern or locate the sound. Ton

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a ticking comming from the top of my Rincon 03. I had the values ajusted and it was still ticking. I changed out the automatic timing change tensioner and it went away. Now its 6 months later and the ticking is starting to come back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've owned many hondas, and valve/rocker ticking is just normal sounds. Keep the vales adjusted properly and keep the oil changed at a regular basis and you'll be riding it forever. After all... its a HONDA! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts