Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fastest I can get my rinny up to is 58. Before I bought one I had been told that it would do between 65-70 depending on the weight the rinny is carrying. I am 6-1 210 lbs. How fast can yall get yalls rinny too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi,
I am 6' 275lbs and i can get mine to hit the rev limiter and top out at 64-65 the only thing i have done is put on the K&N filter. how many miles are on your machine? have you had your valves adjusted?

·
Registered
224 Posts
On pavement with stock tires, I hit 65mph (on speedo) & 63mph (gps speed) I weigh 185 lbs. I have no engine mods.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have only 48 miles on mine. It 2 weeks old. I have herd that it really come alive after the break-in service. The dealership told me to bring it back after 300 mile to have all the fluids changed, valves and timing adjusted. I have no mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it will definitely come alive as you egt more miles on it , its just been born. my speed is aldo on the speedo on bare pavement but i can hit usually 62-64 on gravel. you will be just fine as it gets its legs stretched the giant will come to life, congrats on your new bike!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
just put mudlites on mine, before was about 62, now is about 58, but I don't ride on pavement much so it's not an issue, need the tires for mud in WV.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I am getting about 55-58 with 26" Mud Hook XXtremes, no engine mods yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
With 144Dj and K&N I get about 58 on the flats and about 62 going down hill, but it sure gets there quick. I think that I could probably go a little fatter on the main but it might screw me at the higher altitudes that I frequent. It runs so good now at low end and will pull wheelies, that I am going to just leave it alone. Top speed is a secondary issue.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Stock w/ 1100 miles -- did 60 this weekend. Did not hit the limiter

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
3000 miles on it with 27" Titan589s and a warn front bumper. I did 64 on the road trying to get home from riding Saturday night about 11:30. I never ride the roads but it was so dayum cold I just wanted to get home....LOL. Adding the DJ kit and filter this weekend so maybe it'll help me get there faster..;)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I weigh 150lbs. In stock form she topped out at 61mph on paved road, after a few mods she does 63mph. 600miles and I havent had the valves adjusted yet, waiting for winter. I'm sure getting this done will help too.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
My cousin got mine (2003) up to 63 on a paved road and he weighs about 220. There are no mods done. Since I am new to ATV'ing I have only got it up to mid 50's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I said it before, but if you really want to race someone on a hard road, put about 12 pounds of air in your tires. Use a GPS if you want to know your true speed. But the extra air in the tires cut down on rolling resistance, and gears it up faster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My rinny has got 102 miles on it now and I can now get it up to 61. So I guess its slowly coming alive.

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
With the Rincon in pure stock form at wide open throttle the lid of the air box will suck down, meaning it will take more air. So I installed 2 TPI valves on the air box cover, they can be opened or closed. I also bought from EHS Racing an Outerwears top cover for the Rincon air box. It has a 5 x 5 1/2 screen on the top cover that will let in even more air than the cover with the 2 TPI valves. With a K&N filer these two air box covers will let in much more air and can even help with altitude adjustments. Of course with more air coming in you have to let more air out which means a more open exhaust modification. So now you have more air coming in and out which mean carb adjustments. Install the 52 idle jet and start playing with the main jet. That is trial and error, jets any where from 156 to 164 should be tried to fine the sweet spot. Also adjusting of the needle on the slide must be done. It will need to be lifted by shimming or getting a DynaJet kit that has an adjustable needle by moving a C clip up or down. Again find the sweet spot. The DynaJet kit will also come with a better slide spring so you should install that. Do not use the DynaJet jets, only use factory Kiehin jets. Finally install a Dyna Ignition box and coil. This will increase by 1000 rpm's from the factory rev limiter and give you a hotter spark. If all is done right this will give you a 70 mph Rincon on 25 inch tires and will also give you more power over the whole throttle range. Some of the people on the forum say it is BS, but trust me if this is correctly you will have a more powerful Rincon. Some have also said that tuning is easy. I think you will find that getting everything in syc is not easy and it will take some time. The out come is worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Of course the above procedure only works on Carb models up to 2005.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts