Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 tops out at 49 mph. All stock, only about 225 miles. I've changed the ol but never had the valves adjusted. It acts like it's bogging down at full throttle. Does it sound like a valve problem??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sounds like a carb problem.... or others have had o-ring issues in the tranny...... but bogging would be carb issues... Its not run much... so how is the gas... real old????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, it's fresh gas. I looked and it's closer to 300 miles. when i have it in neutral it won't wind up very far. Is there a rev limiter?

·
Registered
409 Posts
EastTexasMedic- Are you possibly going to ride at Pool Ranch this weekend in Athens?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yessir, Pool Ranch it is. I got my ride back from having the valves adjusted(he said one was way too tight and the other was a little loose). It seems to run better but I haven't gotten a chance to run it out and see what my top end is. It has some hesitation when you gun it before it takes off. Oh well, at least I'll be able to cruise around. There's quite a few people from here going over there, we should start getting there aroung 9 or 10 Saturday morning. If you see a blue 2004 dodge hooked to a lovely 1978 Prowler camper, that's me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
HAve you tried anything on the carb??????????

·
Registered
409 Posts
EastTexasMedic- You have private mail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Something is wrong with your machine... a stock Rincon should easily hit 57 or 58 MPH... mine bounces off the rev limiter at 64 / 65 MPH but I've got a bit over 1,000 miles... a K&N... a DJ kit... and a HMF quiet series eco pipe I'd have them check the pressure on the tranny lines if the valve adjustment doesn't open her up... my top speed dropped to 53 or so when the o-rings started to get really bad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts