Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called my dealer regarding the tranny seal and water pump leak problem that everyone is talking about, They said they never had a rincon in for service w/ these problems, obviously there are not enough of these problems for a recall? I have 300 miles 70 hrs and no problems yet I Think? With the tranny seal, Will I get stranded or is it just a 3rd gear top speed thing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
me and my friend have 03 models with over a 1000 on them and no probs yet. just make sure you let it warm up good, the rinny tranny dosnt like cold oil if you have not noticed yet.i had the same concerns after reading the posts and posted the same title. alot of people responded with no probs so i wouldnt worry. p.s i have the green model as well where did you get the camo kit?

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, just wanted to know about the seal issue, was the problem just w/ top speed (3rd gear) or all speeds (gears)? I got the camo from I THINK.. Green mountain.com or Lion Country .com.. If you cant find it let me know, but I think you will, I could look it up for you. Lots of places have it, just let me know.. I like it alot and its heavy duty... Thanks

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Ultratec,

I was looking at your pictures in your profile and was wondering where you got your front bash plate from?

Thanks

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost everything came from HighLifter including the cv boot gaurds, Putting on my 26" mudlites tonight

·
Registered
141 Posts
ultratec, thanks for the camo info.as far as the tranny goes i think it was a problem with some orings not sealing properly causing a low oil flow which caused the tranny not to operate in all gears. not 100% sure though. also if you didnt know the tranny has a limp mode which you can engage on the trail if necessary.(pretty cool).check your owners manual for explaination. thanks again for the camo kit info.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Is the bash plate and nose guard one piece or two? In your picture it looks like one, but on High Lifter's site I can only find it as two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts