Honda Rincon Forum banner

Rincon Transmission redesign

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RINCON1 
#1 ·
My dealer Warrenton Va. states no more 04 Rincon deliveries till July based on transmission redesign. He says he isn't sure but heard something about a hi/low function to please the crawler type and the speed type. Anyone else heard this..

#2 ·
Would be nice, but if so, the resale value of our machines just went into the toilet...

Besides, I don't see Honda doing it. They're too set in their ways. Look at the 400EX -- unchanged since 1999.

Rob

#6 ·
Thanks for the info. I knew the guy was full of it. Honda doesn't do anything fast when it comes to design change.

#7 ·
It looks to me like Honda would come up with a simple way to adjust the pressure (preferably in 1st gear) or possibly some other way to add or change the bike for those of us that would like to have a little more hold back especially in hunting season with a gun and tree-stand strapped to our rigs.
This way the resale for all Rincon owners would not go "into the toilet" and Honda would have the perfect fix for their flagship bike..............

Just my thoughts for the question that everybody always asks me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.