Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does wheelie's with there Rincon's .

I do very long one's , I can hit 37 mph while up on 2 wheels and about the lenght of a foot ball feild.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i need to practice more, i get the front end up and the let off the gas because i think im going to flip it. 600lbs and me dont mix. haha

Im jealous guys. Whats your techique?

Matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
I could do wheelies until I installed some bigger tires.But that may be my jetting (still trying to tune it in)and just doesnt seem to have the power on take off like it should.There is a video on House of Rhino I think that shows someone riding wheelies and doing other stupid stuff thats pretty cool check it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
Hi Guys.

I try leaning back more, and use the left break to put it down, throttle to put her up. The tech is the same as on my Yamaha TY250, I put the sucker to my chest and with the break and gas I just keep it calm and vertical. No worries about tippin the Rincon, the rear rack will stop you. It is not how hard you hit the gas, but more how softly you can use the gas once it gets skyward. If you try to keep it at 75-80 degrees and use the break a bit, you too will do football fields. Maybe we should ask Honda to put a small break on each rear wheel so we can steer it while up there!!! Just kidding!

Oilcan

·
Registered
282 Posts
yall make me sick!! I cant get mine to lift off the ground...even by jerking the stinking handle bars...BAH!!! After I get this jet kit and filter installed it better come off the ground or I am comming unglued!!

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
Hi Jason

Try this

On DRY, FLAT GROUND, Stick yer left toes through the center of the rear rack. Your left knee on the seat. Put your right foot as far back as you can. Now lean forward. This is the set up to start. Ready! Sit back and down, and as you feel the rear drop, Thumb it. If you are in ESP, and nothing hanging off the front,(Like a snow plow) it will rise quickly in 1st gear. Release the throttle and let her sit back down. The feel is wierd, but once you begin to sence the balance point, your bravery will grow. Now, after you have raised your Rincon a few times, find a place on some grass and take it all the way. Let it come straight up and as it hits 80 or so degrees, let off the throttle. The Rincon will stay there at 90. This feel you must experience also (Will help with the fear of comming over on you) It won't go over, if you dont keep on the gas. Once you discover that balance point, (using the rear break to put her down if needed), and feathering the throttle, you will have a technique that will allow you to pull it up just before that stream, while you are moving. You have to have safe conditions to try this. I used a long stretch of pavement, with a corn field on either side. A place to bail, and not get hurt.

Happy Wheelies!!!

Oilcan

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oilcan, I am able to get the front up by putting my feet into the rear rack...but I have seen videos of guys just sitting on the bike normal and not jerking or anything and the bike going straight up with them...Mine WILL NOT DO THIS..LOL...I think i have a defective POS bike

·
Registered
201 Posts
Finding the balance point is a little tricky at first. I have problems finding it on the rinny, or any quad I guess. Keep practicing. I was the same way on street bikes for a while, now I can do 4 gears on RC51 and put the front tire down at about 120mph. That gets scary...

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
The balance point! I am moving about 5 KMh or 1 - 2 MPH. Being real easy on the throttle, and tapping the rear brake, just lightly (keeps the nose wanting to drop) while the throttle brings it back up. I did notice my butt is as far back as I can put it untill I get it up, then I pull myself forward to the back edge of the seat, and go for a ride!

Oilcan

·
Registered
15 Posts
http://groups.msn.com/PATSGRIZZ/therincon.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=29

·
Registered
100 Posts
SAAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT Pic man. Ok i need to install the jet kit soon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now thats a cool pic, rock on mar !!!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts