Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I started up my 2007 rincon to go for a ride. It has been 3-4 months since my last ride. A rat had made a nest on top of the engine. I pulled all of the stuff out. It started right up and runs fine. The oil temp light was on and the FI light was flashing. I took the plastic panels off and found a sensor on the left side, that the 2 wires were chewed off of. I think it is the oil temp sensor, but the only pictures that I can find fro a replacement sensor, have no wires coming out of it. The wires are chewed off right at the sensor, so I cannot do a repair.

any help is appreciated.

(I’ve been on this forum since I got my rincon in 2007. I went to log on, but I wasn’t able to and had to create a new account.)

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is a factory harness. You will have splice a replacement plug for the sensor onto the wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. No I can see that it’s only the plug(the black piece) . I was thinking the sensor was hard wired, but it’s only a plug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a factory harness. You will have splice a replacement plug for the sensor onto the wires.
do you have a source for a replacement plug? I’ve checked with 2 dealers and online and I am unable to find just the plug. The 2 dealers said they only sell the entire wire harness. $475 after tax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the direction to look.
This is the plug I am trying to match that plugs onto the engine temp sensor. None in that kit look like they fit, but there are a lot of similar kits to go through.

it looks like there is a tab that can be pushed down,(blue part) to release the wire. But, I’m not able to get it to release the wire.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts