Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only shell rotella t oil I can find in my city is at candian tire.
its Rotella T SB

http://www.shell.ca/code/products/commercial/lubricants/handbook/handbook_files/1-15.pdf

is spec document. The jug doesnt have an API circle on it, and no JASO rating on it either... the pdf above says its API SJ, but I see nothing about friciton modifiers...

does anyone know if this is the same oil that is sold at wally world in the USA ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it in a blue gallon jug?????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it 15-40 or 5w40.....

What your describing does not sound like synthetic... Sounds like dino 15w40.... And it should have a ch-4 rating.. or ci....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mudchucker,
The oil you found is a blend. the synthetic oil is in a blue jug. The Rotella that I use is the synthetic oil which is 5W-40. I get mine at Walmart for about $12.00 a gallon. The oil you found will work as long as it doesn't have the modifiers in it. There should be a circle on the back withe service rating and lists if it energy conserving. The Rotella you have is NOT energy conserving ans should work as long as you have the proper weight range.

John

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this just doesnt have any 'ratings' on it all, it says it meets api sj and thats about it... no API circle or JASO box....

Thinking I will just leave it were it is and look for another brand, it doesnt seem that I can buy the rotella synth in canada, or atleast in winnipeg...

·
Registered
151 Posts
If its rotella T ... It has to have a ch rating... or ci... c something.... JASO is mostly for bikes right>>> API for cars.. (gas motors)... Maybe Im off base.... But if its rotella 15w40 its straight dino oil......

Im having a hard time finding the 5w40 right now... I wanted to buy one and post a picture of it... But all the wally owrlds in the area are out of it....... and don't know if they are getting any in????

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Go to this thread, scroll down it has a picture of the shell Rotella synthetic jug.

http://rincon.atvowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=25&topid=142&thrid=9202#p72830

Hope this helps

·
Registered
280 Posts
blue jug Rotella T 5W-40

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I emailed Shell and here is my reply

Thank you for visiting Shell Canada's web site.

In response to your inquiry, Rotella T SB 10w40 does not contain friction modifiers and is not an energy conserving oil, it is therefore suitable for wet clutch applications. It is a synthetic blend oil meeting API CH-4/ SJ and surpasses API SG. We also have Formulashell 10w40 meeting the JASO Quality standard.

These oils will be available only at a Shell Agent near you. To find a Shell Agent please click on the link below:

http://66.46.147.14/code/products/commercial/networks/associates.html.

Regards,

Jerome Milce
Technical rep.
Shell Canada Products

1 - 10 of 10 Posts