Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the rubicon has been known to over heat and in the winter having ECU(engine controle unit) problems. Has anyone heard of this, is there any thruth to this???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi red96!
I had a Rubicon for almost two years an the last six months was enough to convince me to trade it.I had a lot of electronic problem with it,this bike is allergic to water and heat.The ecu was making the transmission to work bad,the mechanic part of it is super but the electronic part had some problem.First thing there is a sensor that's really important that's located right under neat the exhaust and bolted in the case at that location it is taking too much heat and that's making it to fail.My dealer had to change the hole wiring harness to make it run.I never took back my rubi i left it at the dealer on a trade in on a rincon so i dont' have the end of the story for the rubi problem.
The dealer and honda always gave me satisfaction so i cant' complaint on there service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Rubicon had well over 5000 miles on it when I traded for the Rincon, No problems at all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My rubicon had 3500 Miles on it when i sold it and it was used in VERY deep mud and Very extreme conditions with 27" 589's. I NEVER had a single problem with it. I never drove a single mile with the stock tires had them changed at dealership (before i got married i had money LOL). Now I cant even afford tires MONTHS later on my rincon..shesh... But, back to topic, the Rubicon is a GREAT bike. My brother has one with 2700 miles on it and it runs GREAT! My next bike is going to be a rubicon or the TRX450R

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think I made my decision Rubicon it is!! Hey Jason I know what you meen about the wife lol that is why I am researching all this info because it will be a while before I get to change bikes again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well guys been looking around great loooking site lots of info .
ive have a 04 rubicon no trouble 3000kms just love the bike its been up to the rackes in lake erie just keeps going and going

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
My Bro in a law who is a backwoods hick ******* farmer, rides his rubicon harder then we all ride combined and has 6500 miles on it, has had zero, nada, zilch for problems... and this idiot has left his machine submerged in a water over the seet for a night and only changed differential and engine oil... hes never even had the float bowl off...did I mention, hes had absolutley no problems at all....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thats typical honda ,boy's GOTTA LOVE 'EM !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts