Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a great 32 mile ride coming up this Saturday May 29 in Eastern Ohio. It is called Rumble on the Ridge.

They hold this ride about 5 times a year on land owned by a sportsmans club. These are the only time you can ride there. Which means the trails should stay in really good shape.

I haven't been there yet myself, but I am going this weekend. A friend of mine went to the one in March and said it was a blast, with over 2500 riders there.

For more information check out their web site at
www.rumbleontheridge.homestead.com/

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW!! That comes out to 78 riders per mile, or one rider every 67 feet...I think I'll skip it this year!! I'm riding a spot here in Nevada that I might see SOMEONE all weekend.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Paul,
I am just plain jealous. I am going to Utah in September and might go to Nevada to ride, if time permits. I would like to find job out there, retire from my current job, and move out to the southwestern area. Most of my current activities would go great out there.

John

·
Registered
84 Posts
Been there many times. The traffic isn't as bad as you would think, well, trail traffic that is. The road in gets clogged with trucks and trailers if you come late, so get there early. Other than a few greasy spots on the trail where people get stuck, the backups are few. You can fly at that place but you have to watch out for the idiots.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Honestly, it cannot be much worse than the sand meccas here in the west on major holidays. Glamis and Dumont in CA. are absolutly THE place to be if you want to be with literally, tens of thousands of your favorite friends. Flight for Life keeps a chopper on standby just for the anticipated accidents that WILL happen. Lots of people use the toys just a couple of times a year, me, I always look for the trail less traveled. To each their own, I was not passing judgment. I would rather have them there, than with me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pablo,

I would love to ride the Vegas area some time. I was stationed a Nellis AFB way back in 1969 to 1971. I can just imagine some of the great scenery you get to see while riding there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
John
As for the Las Vegas metro area, it is like the rest of the country, "You wouldn't recognize it". But fortunatly for us, the urban sprall is just here in the valley. Folks in outlying areas like Pahrump, Moapa, and the Virgin Valley would heartly disagree. I have had family here on and off since WWII and I have been here on and off all my life. I have been fortunate to make friends with some REAL old timers that have "secret" spots all over the state. This morning I am off for the long weekend with a good friend that wants to show me a place that has Ponderosa Pines (rare here in the south), an old mine area complete with the remains of a smelter with a 100' high stack. It is suppose to be so far out that no one has messed it all up. These guys really keep this stuff to them selfs and share only with someone that will "Keep their secret" so to say...It should be fun.

Later, Paul...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paul,

Yea we were there 2 years ago on vacation and I couldn't believe the change. We used to live in an apartment complex in North Las Vegas which was pretty nice back then, but looks like the Getto's now, what a shame. Hope you have a great ride this weekend, sounds like a pretty cool place. I just hope I can keep my 67 feet of space to myself without any mishaps from the idiots that Topgun spoke of.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a great time Saturday at Rumble on the Ridge. Not nearly as crowded as I had heard it would be. I would estimate less than 1000 bikes and about 25% of those were 2 wheeled dirt bikes. They have a little something for every type of rider from novice to expert. Trails are all one way and well marked.
I took a bunch of pictures and you can view them at the link in my signature.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cool trip RJ, looks like everybody had a great weekend!!. Here is a link to my photos at ATVexplorer site.

http://forums.atvexplorers.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=17&topid=95&thrid=6880&posthist=-24

1 - 10 of 10 Posts