Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Rincon with extremely low miles and hours, sadly only serviced once. It was last ridden 18 months ago and has been sitting in my garage. Any recommendations on what all needs to be flushed and a reasonable cost at a service provider? I figure oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, diffs and drain the gas tank. I finally have some folks to ride with again and want to throw it on the trailer and go again. It has been too long. Thanks for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
6,749 Posts
If there is nothing on the floor underneath it, (puddles of oil or coolant or gas) just flush the gas, put some fresh in it and go! Oh and check the air pressure as it may have dropped a bit over time.

·
Administrator
12,398 Posts
If there is nothing on the floor underneath it, (puddles of oil or coolant or gas) just flush the gas, put some fresh in it and go! Oh and check the air pressure as it may have dropped a bit over time.
If it were mine, Id replace the brake fluid , and engine coolant at least every 8 years don't ya think? HAHAHA Oh and maybe the diffs? lol

Its been serviced once in 8 years, time for some new fluid

Brake fluid is the most over looked fluid, its incredibly hydroscopic.. Id bet most of these older machines have 30% water in their hydraulic brake system.

·
Administrator
12,398 Posts
I hear ya, but unless its sitting in a climate / humidity controlled space, id do at least the engine oil, diffs and brake fluid. But that's me, I have issues ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has been garaged in a climate controlled environment it's entire life. I now know engine oil is transmission oil. I rode it enough to get past the break in period, changed the oil and then didn't do enough riding, just garaged except for a few occasional rides. Guess I was an optimist. For $400, I will change the fluids myself, not that difficult to do except for the brakes. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
I am with Oilcan on this one. Gas and ride. If it runs crappy, drain and replace the fuel. It is a Honda.

Reactions: Oilcan

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
If it has been sitting with ethanol fuel, might not hurt to do the filter.

If you do brake fluid, a mityvac type tool is very worth having.

Reactions: Ultratec
1 - 10 of 10 Posts