Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise on setting the toe in on my rincon. The toe out on the front wheels looks excessive. I measured with a string from the rear edge of the rear rim to the front edge of the front rim and got 12/16" on the right side and 10/16" on the left side. Is that how to measure it? I know the service manual says 7/16" plus or minus 9/16". That seems like a lot of leeway to me. How do you adjust the tie rods to bring the toe back in? The dealer wants about $50.00 to adjust it and I'd rather do it myself. THANKS!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??

·
Registered
314 Posts
" I measured with a string from the rear edge of the rear rim to the front edge of the front rim"

If you accurately described what you did, then I would say you got it all wrong.

You only measure and deal with the front rims. As best you can measure from as far forward as possible on inside of one front tire to the same place on the other front tire. Then do the same at the back end on the front tires. The front measurement is easy and you can do it half way up the tire. The back is tougher because the body of the quad gets in the way of measuring half way up. Just get that measurement as high as you can.

The easiest way to make a small adjustment is to loosen just one end of the tie-rod end. I removed the entire ball joint end and turned each one, one revolution "out" lenghtening the arms and decreasing the toe out. Just be sure to do them both the same unless there is an obvious difference side to side. You can measure nut-to-nut on the rods to insure that they are starting and ending up the same.

Try it one turn each side if that doesn't suit you then try another; but stop if they start to point straight ahead or inward. The only thing critical is keep both side the same; get the feel and handling the way YOU like!

Mine is out at the front about 1/4" to 5/16" and handles more to my liking than the original 3/4" out. There is mush less wander now.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I stretched the string from the rear of the rear tire to the front of the front tire, halfway up the tire and than measured the distance from the string to the edge of the front rim. I'll try it your way and see what I get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts