Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just purchased the Black rincon and let me tell you that it's great to be riding again. The quad has 16 miles and it's making a grinding noise when I shift from neutral to drive. Even if I start in Drive it still makes that grinding noise. Sounds like somebody shifting gears without pressing the clutch. I will take it back to the dealer, hopefully it's nothing serious.

RedBomb

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think what you are hearing is normal. It will be a little more noticeable if the idle is too high.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I get a click, not a grinding????

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not normal because when I shift the gear lever vibrates and it won't engage into the drive gear. If I start the engine in Drive by pressing the brake lever, the engine runs fine for about 10-15 secs. then it starts making that grinding noise.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Sounds like a linkage adjustment problem. Only 16 miles! Take it back to the dealer and have it fixed.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I almost bought an '03 Rinny from a guy whose quad had the same problem. His would not only make that "not pushing in the clutch" sound and feel when going from neutral to drive (not reverse) but it also made the same exact sound under braking. I'm unsure as to the specifics of the tranny problem but the dealer suggested it may have been due to shifting from foward to reverse or reverse to forward without coming to a complete stop. Either way it wasn't under warranty and cost him over $1000 to have it fixed! OUCH! I'm curious to hear what they say about yours.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it back yesterday and the owner came out to see what the problem was. He immediately got 3 mechanics working on the rincon. Owner came out after 10 mins and told me that the problem was linked to the gear lever not being properly adjusted. After 30 mins the quad was ready to go and no more grinding noise. I was really impressed by the service that I received. I am sure glad I went back to the original dealer were I bought my previous quad. Go Honda

RedBomb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts